World Trade Center and 9/11

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

World Trade Center and 9/11

Post by wolframbane »

Note that this thread is in no way intended to disrespect the events of 9/11 or the real life heroes from that day.

With regards to Marvel stories that occurred during the events of 9/11, such as Amazing Spider-Man v2 #36, are these considered canon? Have they been referred to since then in subsequent issues? Are they retconned to having occurred during an unnamed terrorist attack (such as how the Vietnam and Korean Wars are considered to have been simply retconned to being military conflicts in a Southeast Asian county)?

I read that in X-Force #2-4 and Spider-Man #16 (1991), the World Trade Center was destroyed or badly damaged in a battle with Juggernaut and Black Tom Cassidy. What was the extent of the damage in those issues and was it subsequently rebuilt? And I wonder how these stories will be viewed a few years down the road when the sliding timeline places them after 2001.

Are there any other stories that the World Trade Center plays a notable role in? It was the location of the X-Men's final confrontation with William Stryker in God Loves, man Kills.
Enda80
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World Trade Center and 9/11

Post by Enda80 »

I refer you to the book Marvel Comics Guide to New York by Peter Sanderson. He gives a list of various MVL stories by their location in specific areas of New York. He has a chapter on the World Trade Center.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

I have 9/11 happening on September 11 of Year 20. Check out the Calendar for detailed notes. There are subsequent references to 9/11 in the MU, including ASM2 43 and PUN6 37, and presumably H3 81.
Paul B.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Thanks guys. Great help!!