What's Coming from Marvel in November, 2008:

Press releases and upcoming events that might affect the Marvel Universe and its chronologies. Use Spoiler warnings!

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Kevin W.
Director
Director

What's Coming from Marvel in November, 2008:

Post by Kevin W. »

It's been a couple of years since I did one of these threads for the Chronology project forum...I'm surprised no one else here is talking about this yet:

Full solicits from Marvel for November, 2008 are now available online!

Highlights:

Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 (of 4): Introducing another "lost" character, (like Sentry and Jewel), this time it's written by Kevin Grevioux.

Weapon X: First Class #1, (of 3): Another "First Class" storyline, but this time it's a mini-series, not an ongoing...

Various One-shots:

Avengers: "The Initiative" Special: It's basically an "annual" to give Dan Slott a chance to wrap up some plots, by the sound of it.

Daredevil and Captain America: Dead on Arrival (one-shot): It's another Marvel European import.

Eternals Annual #1: Written by Fred Van Lente!

Franklin Richards: Sons of Geniuses (one-shot): The latest Franklin Richards story...

Ms. Marvel Special: Storyteller: A sequel to the Ms. Marvel special from 2006...

Punisher War Journal Annual #1: Another annual...

Thor: Man of War (one-shot): Another "Past Ragnarok cycle" story, similar to the recent "Thor: Ages of Thunder" and "Thor: Reign of Blood" stories...

Wolverine: Chop Shop (one-shot): Yet another Wolverine one-shot...are they determined to release a Wolvie one-shot every single month?!?

X-Men: "Pixies and Demons" Director's Cut: A reprint of "Free Comic Book Day" from earlier this year...

Strange Occurrences:

War Machine: Weapon of SHIELD #35: It's a title change for "Iron Man: Director of SHIELD", and the last issue of the book...all to make way for the new "War Machine" ongoing title set to debut in December.

Non "Earth-616":

Ultimatum #1 and 2, (of 5): The revamp of the Ultimate universe begins here!

Marvel Spotlight: Punisher Movie: Exactly what it sounds like.

Punisher Poster Book: Again, it's exactly what it sounds like.

Wolverine and Power Pack #1: More "Power Pack" stuff...

So what are you going to get?!?
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
TheDeuce
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: What's Coming from Marvel in November, 2008:

Post by TheDeuce »

i've never been one for these First Class books, but a Weapon X: First Class sounds pretty cool.

i guess i'll probably pick up my monthly Wolverine one-shot as well.
Last edited by TheDeuce on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Kevin W. wrote:War Machine: Weapon of SHIELD #35: It's a title change for "Iron Man: Director of SHIELD", and the last issue of the book...all to make way for the new "War Machine" ongoing title set to debut in December.
Yeah... since the new WM series isn't going to pick up the IM:DoS numbering as iHerc did to Inc Hulk, it seems bizarre enough that I wonder if someone's made a boo-boo - the ARC was previously called "War Machine: Weapon of SHIELD", after all...
TheDeuce wrote:i've never been one for these First Class books, but a Weapon X: First Class sounds pretty cool.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=17817
JD
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by JD »

Kevin W. wrote:I'm surprised no one else here is talking about this yet:
I usually do these, but I was in vacation in the middle of nowhere this week.
War Machine: Weapon of SHIELD #35: It's a title change for "Iron Man: Director of SHIELD", and the last issue of the book...all to make way for the new "War Machine" ongoing title set to debut in December.
It looks like an error : both the preview of the cover and Marvel's website ( http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10223 ) still call the title "Iron Man: Director of SHIELD".

I noticed the following titles weren't solicited for November :
- BLACK PANTHER : for the second month running... I think this has been silently cancelled.
- ASTONISHING X-MEN (but there's that "GHOST BOXES" fill-in mini)
- X-MEN: FIRST CLASS : uh oh...
- MARVEL ADVENTURES HULK : it probably had run its course
- IRON MAN: VIVA LAS VEGAS : Lead time ? What lead time ?
- NYX : NO WAY HOME : Ditto.
- newuniversal: shockfront : on the other hand, there was lead time here, and it didn't help
- and all of the ICON books, of course, since they're so late...
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

JD wrote:I noticed the following titles weren't solicited for November :[...]
- X-MEN: FIRST CLASS : uh oh...
I think the Weapon X: First Class mini may be the "glorified fill-in" for this. What's perhaps more interesting though is that here - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=17769 - Parker implies the book MIGHT be taking a time-jump out of the Original Five period...
JD wrote:- IRON MAN: VIVA LAS VEGAS : Lead time ? What lead time ?
Hey, it's Granov. The guy that took three months an issue over Extremis, and practically started drawing in silhouettes by the end IIRC...
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

- BLACK PANTHER : for the second month running... I think this has been silently cancelled.
Yep, that marriage to Storm sure did help things, didn't it? :roll:
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Kevin W. wrote:
Yep, that marriage to Storm sure did help things, didn't it? :roll:
Actually, considering that BP sales were in absolute free-fall until the marriage arc, which stabilised it for some months until the Civil War and "The Initiative"/NewF4 tie-ins... yes, yes it did.

The solicits for the new Storm mini could be read to imply an upcoming ending of that arrangement though, if you wanted to read them that way...