Peter Parker's book tour

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

tlynch
Henchman
Henchman

Peter Parker's book tour

Post by tlynch »

There seems to be a bit of a mixup in the official chronology so far as Peter's book tour circa 1988 is concerned.

He first hears about the book in ASM 304, and is off to LA later that same issue on a pre-publication tour -- yet PPTSS 142, currently listed as earlier, has both Peter and Tombstone referencing the book as already published.

I'm having trouble seeing how PPTSS integrates here, as there don't seem to be any obvious break points in the middle of the first Tombstone/Robbie storyline. Anybody have any thoughts?

TWL
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Peter Parker's book tour

Post by Somebody »

Doesn't the book signing tour coincide with the RELEASE of Webs, rather than being an amorphous pre-publication tour? (I definitely remember a scene in the tour with him signing books for customers, and MJ sneaking into the queue and putting a Supergirl issue in front of him he'd been looking at earlier)
tlynch
Henchman
Henchman

Post by tlynch »

It began before the book was published; the tour began in ASM 304, and Peter saw the first proper copy of the book in ASM 305.
cweed4
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by cweed4 »

Here was my suggestion from a bit ago. (Just make the first 9 pages of ASM 304 a new entry.)
tlynch
Henchman
Henchman

Post by tlynch »

cweed4 wrote:Here was my suggestion from a bit ago. (Just make the first 9 pages of ASM 304 a new entry.)
That seems to work well enough -- thanks!