Appearances in non-Marvel Comics?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Appearances in non-Marvel Comics?

Post by wolframbane »

For the chronology, are we to include canon comic book appearances for characters outside of a comic not published by Marvel. I do not mean appearances of Marvel characters in crossovers (like Superman/FF), but raher appearances of Marvel characters published in non-Marvel Comics, but acknowledged as occuring in Earth-616 continuity.

Examples include Mantis who appeared in DC Comics' Justice League of America #142 as Willow, which was also referenced in the OHOTMU ("she left our universe, but even in other universes she found herself pursued -- on one alternate Earth she was aided by a league of justice-serving heroes against a mechanical construct which sought to prevent her child's birth"). Writer Steve Englehart also implied she was Lorelei in Eclipse Comics' Scorpio Rose #2. Her 'aliases' are also given as "formerly Mandy Celestine, Lorelei, Willow" on Marvel.com.

Another example includes early non-Timely Golden Age comic appearances by Public Domain characters, such as Amazing Man (John Aman), Ghost RIder (Rex Fury) or the members of Battle Axis.
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Appearances in non-Marvel Comics?

Post by Somebody »

Straight no, I'm pretty sure.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Appearances in non-Marvel Comics?

Post by Russ Chappell »

My personal preference would be not to include them, because it opens up worm cans, but I suppose that's up to the Directors.

watching: susie orman money & women
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe