How old is Franklin Richards?

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

For a project that I have in development, I wanted to gather together any specific references to the age of Franklin Richards (regardless of any inconsistancies due to the "sliding timeline" concept). Would anyone be able to site any specific instances or issues to add the the list below (and possibly Valeria too if there are any)? Thanks!!

Franklin was born in FF@ 6
"A five year old" in FF 270.
"Five-year-old boy" in FF3 8.
"Only seven" in FF3 51.
"Seven-year-old" in FF3 60.
"8th" birthday in FOUR 1.
Valeria is born in FF3 54.

I also remember there being a reference in Exiles #81 (when the team went to the Heroes Reborn Earth) as to how old Franklin was during the Onslaught storyline. Would anyone know the age given in Exiles #81?

Also note that Franklin has on at least two occasions been aged to adulthood, only to have his youth restored. The first was in FF 245, when he lost control of his powers, transforming into an amnesiac, virtually omnipotent adult dubbed Avatar, but when Sue realized who he truly was, Franklin restored himself to childhood. The second was when his grandfather Nathaniel Richards took Franklin to the realm of Elsewhen for years and he became Psi-Lord in FF 375-377, leading Fantastic Force, before being restored by Hyperstorm in FF 413-414.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: How old is Franklin Richards?

Post by metaldragon »

In Uncanny X-Men Annual #14 (Days of Future Present Crossover) he's wearing a shirt that has "four and a half" on it. I'm guessing it was a pun on his age as well as FF connection or is he older by then?
"May the Light shine forever!"
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

He wears that shirt a lot. It's got nothing to do with his age -- it's a play on the Fantastic Four's costumes.

-Jeph!
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Ah! That explains it. Thought that might be it but wasn't sure.
"May the Light shine forever!"
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Other references to Franklin's age include:

FF 228 -- 4 years old
FF@ 20 -- 4 years old
M/TIO 98 -- 5 years old
SS3 18 -- 6 years old
PP 60 -- starts public school
SECINV 3 -- 7 years old

You may find that comics don't necessarily occur in the order of Franklin's given age, which has bounced around a bit.
Paul B.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

I appreciate your help Paul. These were exactly what I was looking for. Man this is gonna be... fun... to figure out LOL.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Yup...four years between FF@ 6 (publication date Nov. 1968) and FF 228 (publication date Mar. 1981)...and just three more years between FF 228 and SECINV 3 (publication date June 2008). Good luck with that! :lol:

You could go with the theory that the age resets resulted in Franklin's coming back younger than before, but it's funny how no one in the MU has mentioned that... :outtahere:
Paul B.
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

Paul Bourcier wrote:You could go with the theory that the age resets resulted in Franklin's coming back younger than before, but it's funny how no one in the MU has mentioned that... :outtahere:
Thats what I figure. I know that that theory would work great on your timeline Paul. :)
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by wolframbane »

And Col_Fury let me know that in Exiles #81, Franklin was "a powerful six-year-old named Franklin Richards" during Onslaught.
Agent of Shield
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Agent of Shield »

He's a 40-year old retarded midget.

Clearly.