Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Somebody
Director
Director

Mother Askani, Sanctity & misc.

Post by Somebody »

Okay, four simple corrections here:
1) The name should be MOTHER ASKANI/RACHEL SUMMERS | CABLE/ASKANI TIMELINE (or somesuch - I'm not precious about the exact designation for the timeline, but it needs noted, and her real name added).
2) UX -1 is placed FAR too late in her chronology. It should be moved to be MA's next appearance after X:P 3, because...
3) ...Sanctity's appearance in UX -1 is, like MA, placed in with appearances with her as an old woman, when it should be far earlier.
4) The appearances attributed to Mother Askani in the ASKANI'SON mini are actually Sanctity, and need to be moved accordingly (probably to between UX -1 and XM 25, but...), while I'm also wondering about the Askani'Son analysis that was done, and whether it needs an actual reanalysis in light of this...

And questions I can't answer for myself, either because they need comics I don't have, or because it wasn't made as clear as it should be:
a) C2 6-FB (Askani's FB). I'm not even clear on whether that's meant to be Rachel (if it is, the artist got her scars badly wrong - and it doesn't fit with the later C&P series) or Sanctity. If it's Rachel, as the narration seems to imply, then there's a paradox which doesn't work with the FBs to Stryfe's creation later in the story, as it MUST occur before her coma and death over the course of the C&P mini. And that paradox is the same problem with (c)
b) C2 23 & C2 24 (the appearance in C2 24 isn't in the MCP). Was this resolved somewhere else? Blaquesmith summons a vision of Mother Askani as an old woman - and in each instance, the narration makes clear that the vision is real, but whether it's a ghost, or linking to her before her death, is unclear. If it's not a ghost, then it can't directly relate to the time-travel in C2 25 since that's well after her death. Since she appears as an old woman, I'd suggest that it's before her death if this isn't resolved in another issue.
c) C2 65. Rachel appears as a young woman with her Hound scars. Again, whether she's time-travelling from a period before (well before in these instances) her death, or as a ghost is unclear (In C2 71, it seems she's a ghost - whether or not it makes any sense - so this may get lumped in with that).

MOTHER ASKANI/RACHEL SUMMERS | CABLE/ASKANI TIMELINE
Note: Diverges from Phoenix III/Rachel Summers after XCAL 75
X:P 1
X:P 2
X:P 3
UX -1
?? C2 23 (if Blaquesmith's meant to be contacting her before she died)
?? **C2 24 (if Blaquesmith's meant to be contacting her before she died)
C2 7-FB
C2 8-FB
? C2 6-FB (must take place before C&P 1)
C&P 1
*C&P 2-BTS |cf C&P 4| (she's actively holding Scott & Jean in the future/supplying their powers, but doesn't actually appear outside the figurative "remembrance" on pg 5)
C&P 3
C&P 4
?? C2 23 (if Blaquesmith's meant to be contacting her ghost)
?? **C2 24 (if Blaquesmith's meant to be contacting her ghost)
C2 65
C2 71

SANCTITY/TANYA TRASK
*UX -1
**ASKANISON 1
**ASKANISON 2
**ASKANISON 3
**ASKANISON 4
C&P2 2
C&P2 4
XM 25
C2 42
?? C2 50 [I can't see her here. -BTS |cf C2 42|, perhaps, but not on-panel anywhere]
C2 52-FB

And a few pieces of unrelated miscallany:

ENFORCER/DELAZNY
Full name should be Charles L. Delazny, Jr.

ENFORCER II/CARSON COLLIER
Full name should be Carson Collier, Jr.

ESME
There's a rogue entry, for XXX 1, under "STEPFORD CUCKOOS: ESME" that should probably be merged with this. In turn, the two entries for XXX 1 that occur near New X-Men issues are in different places - after X 133 for Wolverine, but between X 128 and X 131 for Frost. I presume she appeared with Frost rather than Wolvie, but I don't have the issue.
DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Mother Askani, Sanctity & misc.

Post by DonCampbell »

Somebody wrote:ENFORCER/DELAZNY
Full name should be Charles L. Delazny, Jr.

ENFORCER II/CARSON COLLIER
Full name should be Carson Collier, Jr.
While I'm glad to see that Somebody shares my opinion that "the" Enforcer was actually TWO different men wearing the same costume at different times, I must inform you that the Marvel Handbook people totally reject this idea. Instead, they are sticking with the Handbook's premise that there was only one Enforcer, that he was the younger Delazny, and that he called himself "Carson Collier" in one storyline simply as an alias. It doesn't really sit well with me but what can you do?

Don Campbell
jannepie
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Mother Askani, Sanctity & misc.

Post by jannepie »

Somebody wrote:ESME
There's a rogue entry, for XXX 1, under "STEPFORD CUCKOOS: ESME" that should probably be merged with this. In turn, the two entries for XXX 1 that occur near New X-Men issues are in different places - after X 133 for Wolverine, but between X 128 and X 131 for Frost. I presume she appeared with Frost rather than Wolvie, but I don't have the issue.
IIRC Chris Claremont has said that Esme in XXX 1 was not the Stepford Cuckoo, but another one, although this is not canon. :?