Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird first appearance

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

scottandrewhutchins
Big Bad
Big Bad

Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird first appearance

Post by scottandrewhutchins »

I just bought and read Astonishing Tales #6. I don't believe Bobbi Morse appears in the issue. The only female characters in the issue are an Englishwoman who runs out in the rain, a teenage girl with a mohawk who appears to be Ka-Zar's friend's daughter, and Damon's fiancée in the flashback.

Could someone please determine Morse's actual first appearance?
John Simons
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird first appearance

Post by John Simons »

Although her hair is brown in the issue, I'm fairly certain the girl who ends up on the doorstep of the Plunder estate is Bobbi. The scene takes place in England, but you may be jumping to conclusions by calling her an Englishwoman.
"Jessica, whatever you do...don't contradict the continuity! They'll eat you alive! They'll. Eat. You. Alive!"
Selaboc
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Selaboc »

I just bought and read Astonishing Tales #6. I don't believe Bobbi Morse appears in the issue. The only female characters in the issue are an Englishwoman who runs out in the rain, a teenage girl with a mohawk who appears to be Ka-Zar's friend's daughter, and Damon's fiancée in the flashback.

Could someone please determine Morse's actual first appearance?
As strange as it may seem, the girl who runs out in the rain is Bobbi Morse. She shows up in the Savage land in the next issue (and, IIRC, her hair changes color). This subplot always seemed broken to me, as if they were setting up one story in AT #6 but changed thier minds and went with a different story once Bobbi shows up in the Savageland.
scottandrewhutchins
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by scottandrewhutchins »

Yes, it does seem strange. It may be an aftereffect that the story of AT-12-FB was intended to appear in the second issue of Savage Tales in July 1971, so it got chucked around for a while.
Selaboc wrote:
As strange as it may seem, the girl who runs out in the rain is Bobbi Morse. She shows up in the Savage land in the next issue (and, IIRC, her hair changes color). This subplot always seemed broken to me, as if they were setting up one story in AT #6 but changed thier minds and went with a different story once Bobbi shows up in the Savageland.