New Marvels on November 19

Press releases and upcoming events that might affect the Marvel Universe and its chronologies. Use Spoiler warnings!

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Marvels on November 19

Post by Col_Fury »

AGE OF SENTRY #3 (OF 6) with a Buscema variant!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #578
AVENGERS/INVADERS #6 (OF 12) with a Coipel variant!
DEADPOOL #4
FANTASTIC FOUR #561 with a Monkey variant!
FOOLKILLER: WHITE ANGELS #5 (OF 5)
GHOST RIDER #29
IRON MAN: DIRECTOR OF SHIELD #35
MOON KNIGHT #24 $2.99
PUNISHER MAX #64
PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #25
THUNDERBOLTS #126
UNCANNY X-MEN #504
X-FACTOR #37
X-MEN: LEGACY #218
X-MEN: WORLDS APART #2 (OF 4)
YOUNG X-MEN #8

Ultimate:
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #58

Other Stuff:
ENDERS GAME: BATTLE SCHOOL #2 (OF 5)
KABUKI REFLECTIONS #11
MARVEL ADVENTURES: AVENGERS #30
MARVEL ILLUSTRATED: THREE MUSKETEERS #6 (OF 6)
SAMURAI LEGEND #3 (OF 4)
SQUADRON SUPREME 2 #5

Collections:
ESSENTIAL MARVEL SAGA VOL 02 TPB
MARVEL ADVENTURES: FANTASTIC FOUR VOL 10 SPACED DIGEST
YOUNG X-MEN VOL 01 FINAL GENESIS TPB

16 for me!
-Daron Jensen
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: New Marvels on November 19

Post by Somebody »

And I can finally look back in on X-Factor now Stroman's gone...

Otherwise... uh... three. And one of those is a maybe (Tbolts, depending on how the new writer & artist do) one isn't MU (MAdvAv), and the third is a SADC pastiche (Sentry).
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Now we're back on track. 14 for me.
Paul B.
TheDeuce
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by TheDeuce »

Amazing Spder-Man #578
Avengers/Invaders #6
Deadpool #4
Ender's Game: Battle School #2
Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. #35
Moon Knight #24
Punisher War Journal #25
Uncanny X-Men #504
X-Factor #37
X-Men: Legacy #218
X-Men: Worlds Apart #2
Young X-Men #8
Ross
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ross »

Seven for me.

AVENGERS/INVADERS #6 (OF 12)
FANTASTIC FOUR #561
IRON MAN: DIRECTOR OF SHIELD #35
PUNISHER MAX #64
PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #25
THUNDERBOLTS #126
UNCANNY X-MEN #504

Is everyone else as into Avengers/Invaders as I am? I didn't expect it to be this interesting, but it'll be the first thing I read this week.

Thinking about dropping Punisher MAX. It just can't live up to the Ennis run.

And, as loathe as I am to admit it, I'm thinking about dropping Uncanny. It just doesn't feel like it's going anywhere - or wherever it is going isn't that interesting...
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Ross wrote:Is everyone else as into Avengers/Invaders as I am? I didn't expect it to be this interesting, but it'll be the first thing I read this week.
I am absolutely loving it!(as can be seen above, because it's the biggest one on the list :) ) It's also been the first one I've read in the weeks that it's come out. I may be biased though, as it features the Invaders. :)
Ross wrote:Thinking about dropping Punisher MAX. It just can't live up to the Ennis run.
I'm trying not to compare, because it just CAN'T compare, you know? I think each arc is going to be by a different creative team, making it a series of minis, essentially.(I think) I'll probably end up giving each arc a 'first-issue' shot and see where it goes from there.
Ross wrote:And, as loathe as I am to admit it, I'm thinking about dropping Uncanny. It just doesn't feel like it's going anywhere - or wherever it is going isn't that interesting...
Now that I'm thinking about it, I've fallen behind on reading Uncanny... 501 was the last I read and I didn't even notice. That's probably not good...
-Daron Jensen
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

I'm cutting back on titles, (why the hell are almost all Marvel mini-series now $3.99?) but anyway, I'll be getting 6 issues this week. I've dropped Thunderbolts and X-Factor, and I'm on the fence about dropping Fantastic Four...if I pick that up, that'll bring me up to 7.

And yeah, I dropped Punisher Max after Ennis left, and Uncanny needs to start stepping up and improving, (X-Men: Legacy and X-Force are where I really get my X-fix these days).
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Ross
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Ross »

Kevin W. wrote:I'm cutting back on titles, (why the hell are almost all Marvel mini-series now $3.99?) but anyway, I'll be getting 6 issues this week. I've dropped Thunderbolts and X-Factor, and I'm on the fence about dropping Fantastic Four...if I pick that up, that'll bring me up to 7.

And yeah, I dropped Punisher Max after Ennis left, and Uncanny needs to start stepping up and improving, (X-Men: Legacy and X-Force are where I really get my X-fix these days).
I dropped X-Factor too, but Thunderbolts is one of my favorites - something about an permanently dysfunctional team of non-heroes gets me going. And I've been enjoying Millar's FF run, too.

But I dropped X-Men Legacy right after "Messiah Complex" - has it improved? (X-Force has been my favorite X-title since "Messiah Complex".)
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

Ross wrote: I dropped X-Factor too, but Thunderbolts is one of my favorites - something about an permanently dysfunctional team of non-heroes gets me going. And I've been enjoying Millar's FF run, too.

But I dropped X-Men Legacy right after "Messiah Complex" - has it improved? (X-Force has been my favorite X-title since "Messiah Complex".)
X-Men: Legacy is like a continuity lover's dream come true. Did you try the first few issues with Prof. Xavier being the sole star? Mike Carey, the writer, is able to take obscure moment's from Professor X's history and turn them into relevant plot points for today. Fun stuff. :)
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!