Dark Reign solicits

Press releases and upcoming events that might affect the Marvel Universe and its chronologies. Use Spoiler warnings!

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Somebody
Director
Director

Dark Reign solicits

Post by Somebody »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=19049

One question - WTF does Dan Slott think he's doing, putting the Scarlet Witch back in the Avengers? Unless they completely wimp out with a "it wasn't the real her", there's no conceivable way to have her be a stable, reasonable character again, since it's now been set up that she will snap at some point, again. Even before you consider the deaths she caused on M-Day and in Disassembled.

Otherwise, there's a new Tbolts lineup with the blonde Black Widow (wasn't she dead?), Ant-Man and Ghost; Iron Man's on the run, and Agents of Atlas #1 actually includes the "online exclusive" Wolverine/Agents story.

Oh, and apparently there's going to be a Ronin & Mockingbird series...
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Dark Reign solicits

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Somebody wrote:
Otherwise, there's a new Tbolts lineup with the blonde Black Widow (wasn't she dead?),
Yelena Belova survived NEW AVENGERS #6 with terrible injuries. AIM made her into the new Super-Adaptoid in NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #1, but they destroyed her in that issue. Then, bam, she crops up in MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS v2 #5-12 working with the Vanguard, a team also consisting of Dominic Fortune, Blade, Micromax, and a character named...Retcon, who can erase memories and recordings of events (Holy Brand New Day, Batman!). The group seemingly dies in MCP2 12, but thanks to Retcon, they survive and go underground. Of course, Blade then surfaces rather publicly in CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND M.I. 13.

Now, wasn't it supposed to be Skrullena Belova in A4 6 and NA@ 1? She was involved in a Skrully SHIELD operation in A4 6, after all. Then it was a Skrull who died as the Super-Adaptoid in NA@ 1. Apparently, the real Yelena wasn't abducted by Skrulls and was able to serve with the Vanguard. This must be the person in the new T-Bolts, apparently deciding like Blade that it's AOK not to be underground. I guess Trenton Craft is gonna notice...

And what's up with Dark Avengers? Don't tell me Norman Osborn is taking Stark's stupid clone idea from Civil War and applying it to Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, and Spider-Man.
Paul B.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Paul Bourcier wrote:And what's up with Dark Avengers? Don't tell me Norman Osborn is taking Stark's stupid clone idea from Civil War and applying it to Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, and Spider-Man.
Per the covers, Dark Wolverine is Daken from Wolverine: Origins (NA 50 cover shows the third claw coming from the wrong side), and Ares, Sentry & Noh-Varr are also on the team.

As for the figures on the DA 1 cover, rumours suggest that
Spoiler:
Dark Spider-Man is Venom, Dark Hawkeye is Bullseye, Dark Ms. Marvel is Moonstone and Iron Patriot is Osborn himself - all carrying over from Thunderbolts which gets an all-new lineup.
How true that is remains to be seen.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Somebody, I spoilered the rumor you reported, which certainly would be preferable to clones.
Paul B.