Dazzler's age

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

templedog1972
Hero
Hero

Dazzler's age

Post by templedog1972 »

Has anyone come up with an age for Allison Blaire aka Dazzler when she first appeared in UXM #130?
wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Dazzler's age

Post by wolframbane »

Well TD, thanks to a lot of help from Paul Bourcier, and a lot of research, I have gathered age and birthdate information on most of the major characters in the Marvel universe. If you are looking for the ages of any specific characters, let me know.

As for Dazzler, according to OHOTMU: Women of Marvel, she is a "high school graduate." In DAZZLER #1, by the time she is a high school graduate she is accepted into a prestigious law school, but after graduation she tells her father and grandmother she will not be attending the law school, but following her dream of music instead. Thus by her first appearance in UX 130 she is at least 18.
templedog1972
Hero
Hero

Post by templedog1972 »

I always thought that Allison might be a little bit older than that, just based on her demeanor in UXM 131 when Xavier asks her to join the X-Men. I always thought she was at least 20.
ShadZ
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by ShadZ »

wolframbane wrote:As for Dazzler, according to OHOTMU: Women of Marvel, she is a "high school graduate." In DAZZLER #1, by the time she is a high school graduate she is accepted into a prestigious law school, but after graduation she tells her father and grandmother she will not be attending the law school, but following her dream of music instead. Thus by her first appearance in UX 130 she is at least 18.
I'd say at least 21. In the United States, law school is grad school.
wikipedia wrote:In the United States, most law schools require a bachelor's degree, a satisfactory undergraduate grade point average, and a satisfactory score on the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) in order to be considered for admission.
So she must have been a college graduate when she was accepted into that law school
ShadZ