Spider-Man/Wolverine mini-series, continuity??

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

rider
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Spider-Man/Wolverine mini-series, continuity??

Post by rider »

First I just want to say, as a fellow chronology nutball, I've enjoyed this site for a couple years now and just recently I've gotten the courage to join the forums. Thanks for having me. One of the reasons I've joined was because I had a few issues I wanted to address. Nobody has ever questioned the validity of the Marvel Knights Spider-Man/Wolverine mini-series. To me personally, this cannot be in continuity. Here is my argument:
Since Peter is teaching and Aunt May knows he is Spider-Man, this series would have to be placed after Amazing (Vol.2) #35. Yet Peter and Logan act like they have never met. Here are some examples-
1.) When Spidey asks Nick Fury "How'll I recognize the guy", Nick says "He'll stick out". Why doesn't Nick just say "Oh it's just Wolverine" or something like that?
2.) Spidey says "Whoa" when he sees Logan pop his claws and also seems surprised when he sees his healing ability.
3.) Spidey reveals his identity to Logan in issue #2. But in Secret War #2, when Wolvie sees Peter on the plane out of his costume, he says "Never met you out of costume". Also, not once in the first issue do they call each other by their codenames. Actually, I don't think they ever do.
4.) In issue #3, Spidey makes fun of Logan because he wears a costume. That seems really odd.

I've had a problem with this series for awhile now. If anybody can argue against me, please do so.
Keep up the good work guys.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Spider-Man/Wolverine mini-series, continuity??

Post by JephYork »

in Secret War #2, when Wolvie sees Peter on the plane out of his costume, he says "Never met you out of costume".
This is a problem with Secret War #2, not the MK miniseries. Spidey and Wolvie have met out-of-costume several times.

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

rider wrote:1.) When Spidey asks Nick Fury "How'll I recognize the guy", Nick says "He'll stick out". Why doesn't Nick just say "Oh it's just Wolverine" or something like that?
Because Fury likes having fun at Spider-Man's expense. :)
rider wrote:2.) Spidey says "Whoa" when he sees Logan pop his claws and also seems surprised when he sees his healing ability.
If I lived in the Marvel Universe, I'm sure that no matter how many times I saw knives shoot out from between a guy's knuckles I'd be a bit unsettled, too.
rider wrote:4.) In issue #3, Spidey makes fun of Logan because he wears a costume. That seems really odd.
All of Spider-Man's jokes can't be winners. :)

I don't see any problems with this mini, I actually really liked it. It has yet another scene of Nick Fury proving that he knows everything that's going on in the Marvel Universe when he shows up knowing who Peter really is. And that's enough for me to like it. :)

Welcome to the MCP rider!
-Daron Jensen
tobyoryamcha
Hero
Hero

Post by tobyoryamcha »

Easily explained wolverine was Drunk during secret war, Peter didnt want to say "actually Logan, I, Peter Parker the amazing Spider-Man have met you several times in and out of costume. "

He was too busy cringing and worrying about his ID.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Hah! Let's explain all Bendis blunders that way.

"Oh, that character was drunk."

-Jeph!
tobyoryamcha
Hero
Hero

Post by tobyoryamcha »

man you guys really have some mad bendis issues lol.

Course peter doesnt drink but maybe the rest of them are wasted in the appearences, explains how they lost to the lameass old school t-bolts