Hulk chronology

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

rider
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Hulk chronology

Post by rider »

I recently read Essential Hulk Vol. 5, and they have Hulk Annual #5 between issues 198 and 199 (which is where it is placed here on the MCP). But that placement doesn't read well because at the end of 198, Hulk is in Florida and then in the Annual he is in Colorado, and then at the beginning of 199 he's back in Florida. I would suggest having a continuous run from issues 195-207 since 195 is where he first arrives in Florida. In fact, marvel.com's Hulk bibliography seems to work really well. Here's what they have:
IH 194
FF 166-167
DEF 31-35
OU 2
DEF 36-37,40
DEF @1
IH @5
MTU 51
IH 195-207

I would also suggest moving Marvel Fanfare #29. You guys have it placed in the middle of issue 314 but it has to go after 315 because in MF, that old Indian guy mentions Banner and Hulk's separation which happens in issue 315. The Hulk Visionaries: John Byrne TPB places it after 319, which is better.

I'm also very puzzled as to why you have FF 347-349 occur in the middle of issue 376. It doesn't make much sense why he would go to New York in the middle of this issue. The bibliography places those issues between IH @16 and IH 370, which is perfect because at the beginning of 370, Hulk is already in New York and Joe Fixit is the dominant personality.

Just some suggestions.
Starman
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Hulk chronology

Post by Starman »

Well, according to the Hulk Annual #5 he learned the battle tactic he uses against "Diablo - The Demon from the 5th Dimension" from Abomination in Hulk #196, so it has to go afterwards. I propose putting it sometime after #207, as 195-207 is a continuous run.
- Stefan
Pro Wrestling (NES):
The super space-traveller Star Man wears a mask and a costume with a color palette that no human being alive would be caught dead in. With his awesome back flip kick to the face and flying head butt, he's the fan-fave.
rider
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Re: Hulk chronology

Post by rider »

You're right, I didn't even notice that. Thanks for the heads up.