Moon Knight and Werewolf in MK#20 (09/08)...fb to "1994"?

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Enda80
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Moon Knight and Werewolf in MK#20 (09/08)...fb to "1994"?

Post by Enda80 »

http://www.ifmagazine.com/review.asp?article=2680

"It uses Marc Specter’s current situation of him in hiding (because S.H.I.E.L.D. agents have a warrant out for his arrest) to contrast with that of an encounter with Jack Russell back in 1994 where things were much more stable for the hero called Moon Knight".

Well, since he died in Moon Knight#60 (cover date March 1994), that would make things more "stable". Did the writer of this issue not (a) understand the concept of the sliding timescale? or (b) intend to have this take place during or inbetween the storylines published in 1994, without realizing that Moon Knight barely survived 1993? or (c) intend this to take place 14 years ago from the events of the current portion of the story, which might really mess things up to place Moon Knight as active so early in the modern era?

http://johnlewisjr.blogspot.com/2006/12 ... ht-60.html
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Moon Knight and Werewolf in MK#20 (09/08)...fb to "1994"?

Post by Russ Chappell »

Any interpretation that places the events in 1994 won't make sense, fourteen years from today, so let's just try to place these events so they provide a logical reading order==sliding timescale, 1994, fourteen years ago, et al, be damned.

watching: war and remembrance
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Enda80
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Moon Knight and Werewolf in MK#20 (09/08)...fb to "1994"?

Post by Enda80 »

Very well then, if and when this issue of Moon Knight undergoes chronological analysis.

Incidentally, I could probably go checking back issues of an old collectibles store newsletter from 1993 or so to show that Moon Knight#60 (where he dies) came out in late 1993. Moon Knight did not return to life until the 1997 mini-series. In fact, the introduction to GREATEST SPIDER-MAN & DAREDEVIL TEAM-UPS TPB even refers to "the recent passing of Moon Knight".
Last edited by Somebody on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Double-post deleted. We've told you about this, Enda...