About The New Official Index

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

ytsejammer
Minion
Minion

Re: About The New Official Index

Post by ytsejammer »

Jason Doty wrote: Wasn't there some issues of the X-Men Unlimited (I think, v2) series that contained stories of the original X-Men. One with Jean handing out the new uniforms and one where Cyclops takes the newly transformed Beast to visit his parents.

Keep up the good work guys.

*I just looked it up X-Men Unlimited v1 no.42/3 (Uniform story)
X-Men Unlimited v2 no.10/2 (Beast/Cyclops story)
The Beast/Cyclops story is listed in the wealth of information listing the appearances in what I call "the wilderness years". There's so much info there it IS easy to miss! :D

One thing I couldn't see in the Spider-Man listing is the first issue of the current Spider-Man/X-Men mini series. It's listed in the X-Men index (immediately after # 66), but appears to be missing in Spidey's.

Must echo the praises of everyone else. This is a major reference work. Kudos all round!
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Thanks ytsejammer,
I found it. I do wonder why they don't list what story in the issue itself though. More than likely to save space.
rider
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Post by rider »

I found a major error in Index 2. In Amazing Spider-Man 72, May Parker is listed as chr next in Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure 4 and then in ASM 76, but May is in Florida from 72-81 so she can't be in the Doc Ock mini. According to the listing for Doc Ock, DO:NE takes place somewhere between issues 56 and 88. Also, it is not listed in the chronologies for Spider-Man, Mary Jane, Joe Robertson, or Mysterio. Hopefully this will be addressed in a future issue.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Can anybody tell me if the various First Class series are officially in or out of continuity according to Marvel. I know the Indexes have not addressed them, but now we're seeing a case (X-Men vs. Agents of Atlas no.2) of a story being referenced. I know there have been flubs throughout the series, but was the reason they are not considered canon, just the fact they are not included in the indexes or an MCP ruling that they are not. Just curious of the exact reasoning?