Two Romance-Related Questions

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Jhaeman
Minion
Minion

Two Romance-Related Questions

Post by Jhaeman »

1. In the 1986 Beauty & the Beast mini-series, Beast & Dazzler seem to fall madly in love with each other. Was this ever followed through elsewhere or was it silently dropped?

2. My memories are a bit fuzzy, but reading through Claremont's early run on Uncanny X-Men I got the sense that Xavier disappeared into space for a little while, then reappeared with the sudden reveal that he had an epic soul mate/love story thing with Lilandra--did I miss something or was this elaborated on in more depth elsewhere?
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Two Romance-Related Questions

Post by JephYork »

Charles and Lil definitely had a longstanding romance going on well before he went off into space (between UX #200-275). She may not have been on earth all the time, but they've been an item since roughly #100...

-Jeph
Jhaeman
Minion
Minion

Post by Jhaeman »

Thanks, I guess what I'm trying to get at is do we see the romance slowly develop anywhere or is it presented more as a done deal? My memory is more the latter, but I may have missed something.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

From memory, I think it just happened in Uncanny, and then was fleshed out a bit in the Classic X-Men reprints years later.

If I remember right. :)
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Oh, because we're TOTALLY not covering that period in the Official Index RIGHT NOW...

Colonel, you're so transparent. ;)

-Jeph!