Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

tobyoryamcha
Hero
Hero

Dark Origins Placements

Post by tobyoryamcha »

I havent seen a thread on this yet.

Im sure you wont update based on my recomendations but if I say what I think can any of you guys verify it? If you have the free time that is.

BROCK, EDDIE
  •  VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR 1-6 FLASHBACKS
     VENOM: DARK ORIGIN 1
     VENOM: SEED OF DARKNESS -1
     AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 375-FLASH BACK
     VENOM SUPER SPECIAL 1-FLASH BACK
     UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN 4
     UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN 15
     PETER PARKER THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN VOL. 2 5-FLASH BACK
     VENOM: DARK ORIGIN 2
     AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL 26/2
     PETER PARKER THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL 12/2
     WEB OF SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL 8/2
     AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 388/2

In Seed of Darkness he is already an adult/young man.

So its a toss up between the LP flashbacks and the first issue of Dark origins.

Im going with after because it mentions the events round her death. In D.O they are living their lives with their mother already being dead. Eddie and the father are clearly affected by her absence. At the very least its after the first part as eddie is a young boy rather then a baby.

For dark origins issue 2 he is about to get his big Jean Dewoulf break.

In the begginig of the spectacular issue the first part of the flashback shows his diagnoses of cancer and he states, in the 'present', that this is wat made him so happy to get the Dewolf murder story, which we see him get IN the D.O 2 issue, (an aside it also expalins why he acts like such a cock in the issue) so I think it has to go here.

Every appearence after that is later and shows him with the symbiote.

I a montage of flashbacks are bisected by another story in chronological terms do you list the issue with several flashbacks twice???

Because in the same Spectac issue it shows the whole churce scene again.

Seeing as we have seen the church scene a million times and its not a "new" appearence just an old event from a "different angle" I dont think the second half of the flashback is worth listing twice, although its up to you when you update it, just expalining why I did that.

3:25 AM here, will finish this tommrow I know 3 inteferes with the church scene and screws it up but I need to check if it adds any before and after. Anyone disagree with my placements of the first two?
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Dark Origins Placements

Post by Somebody »

JLH did an analysis here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4211

I was of the opinion that it was non-canon.
JLH
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by JLH »

tobyoryamcha wrote:I havent seen a thread on this yet.
*brickwall*
tobyoryamcha
Hero
Hero

Post by tobyoryamcha »

My apologies didnt see there was a thread already, :oops:

Marvel never mentioned that it was non cannon like they usually do if it is.

So i assumed the fact that it wasnt in his listings meant that it had not been analysed yet.

As an Eddie fan I hated how he was portayed for the majority of this but I see no reason why the scenes that dont contradict anything cant be included.
Having said that it only probably leaves the scene with the symbiotes memories (or are they racial memories from other black coloured symbiotes??)

The analysis done is better then anything I could do.

I just wanted to know because of my Symbiote website (which I wont link as I dont want to look like my whole query was a plug. I wanted to do eddies complete history now Im unsure what to do...
:(

I guess ill pick and choose from it or reference it in vague terms such as. "While watching TV Eddie displayed the ability to tell if someone was lying" without saying "but his house was smaller and his dad had gone bald."

Im sure Marvel considers its cannon, it frustrates me that they could spend a tenth of the effort you do to save you all the trouble of trying to get anything to fit.

Ill read through the analysis and do what I see fit I guess, thanks again, feel free to delete the thread or whatever.
tobyoryamcha
Hero
Hero

Post by tobyoryamcha »

Yeh I just read the analysis and it was excellent.

Your right none of it can really fit nor is it consistent.

Im going to right up the scene of the symbiotes early life though as there is no reason it cant fit and it really captures what the symbiotes are about for me.

Thanks for the help sorry for the trouble.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Marvel never mentioned that it was non cannon like they usually do if it is.
:lol:

-Jeph!