Behind The Scenes

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Antonio Gaviño
Big Bad
Big Bad

Behind The Scenes

Post by Antonio Gaviño »

Can Russ or any of the moderators clarify for me if a character's 'speech only' (as when we can read what a character we are not seeing on panel says on the phone or when he is inside a room talking to himself or somebody else) counts as a full appearance or as a behind the scenes? I personally think it should count as a full appearance but I want to know what the norm is here. Thanks.
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Behind The Scenes

Post by Somebody »

Since mid-2006, the MCP has had a specific tag (-VO) for voice-only appearances - see http://www.chronologyproject.com/key.htm

[For the year-and-a-half prior to that, they were treated as full appearances, but I think before that they may have been treated as BTS - although I'm not 100% sure. The creation of a specific tag was because neither was deemed satisfactory, although some remnants of either or both may still exist in the MCP.]
Antonio Gaviño
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Antonio Gaviño »

Thanks, Somebody. As far as I can tell the Index is not using the VO tag, so it would be interesting to know what their take on the matter is. Would anyone from the Index care to comment?
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I note "voice only" in the entries I write and/or edit (see UX #206 in the upcoming Index #5 for an example) -- but I only work in the X-Men section. It's hard to keep the format consistent across all three sections, but we do our best. I'll mention this to the other writers.

-Jeph!
Antonio Gaviño
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Antonio Gaviño »

Thanks for clarifying that for me Jeph. Since it is used in the Index (or it will be) I'll start using it for the Errata section too.