Friends of Humanity

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Friends of Humanity

Post by JephYork »

One of the drawbacks of the MCP is that it doesn't track groups; especially when the groups are largely made up of no-name characters.

I'm trying to find the first few appearances of the Friends of Humanity. Two of them first show up in UX #294, planting a bomb, and from what I can tell the first mention of the group's name is in UX #299 ... but when does the group (or any of its members, not including leader Graydon Creed) show up next?

Any help would be appreciated ... thanks!

-Jeph!
GodRob
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Friends of Humanity

Post by GodRob »

I have them next showing up in X-Force 24 (Jul '93) where the FOH kidnap Rusty and Skids. I didn't keep good records of the group (I only show 5 appearances!) but it's pretty close to UX299.

Also, you may want to take a look at Uncanny X-Men 291 as the possible first appearance of the Friends of Humanity. In the Interlude, the code-word is "Friend with a capital F" and Lang(?) is referred to as Humanity's last hope. This interlude was later merged into the Phalanx storyline.

Robert
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Friends of Humanity

Post by JephYork »

Thanks! And yep, I was aware of the "Friends with a capital F" reference in #291. Look for it to be noted in Official Index #7...

-Jeph!