Wolverine: the Anniversary #1

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

June, 2009

“The Anniversary”
Appearances:
Wolverine, Japanese terrorists (all die)

Synopsis:
Pg1-pg2: One day in Japan
The head of a terrorist organization orders a plane to be destroyed, then buys a rare bird.
Pg3-pg20: next day
Wolverine is on his way to Japan by plane when a bunch of terrorists take control and try to blow it up. Wolverine fakes his death then kills the terrorists one by one. He makes hi sway into the cockpit, kills the pilot, and gets rid of their bomb. The boss calls to see if they’re dead yet, Wolverine answers to tell him he’s next.
Pg21-pg23: three days later
Wolverine tracks down the boss by the squawk of his new bird, and explains that he’s in Japan to visit his dead girlfriend before killing him.

Notes:
Wolverine’s going to Japan for the anniversary of Mariko’s death. I would put the anniversary the day after pg20, so he can pay his respects before killing the guy with the bird.

Wolverine dreams of Mariko on the plane, he claims that it’s actually Mariko visiting him. I probably wouldn’t give her an appearance, though.

Wolverine’s in his X-Force uniform. Green leaves in Japan.

Wolverine: the Anniversary #1/2
“Ghosts”
Appearances:
Wolverine, ninjas (all die)

Synopsis:
Pg1-pg8: Japan
Wolverine dreams of Mariko and is awoken by attacking ninjas. As he kills them he wonders if they’re ghosts.

Notes:
Again, Wolverine thinks Mariko’s ghost is talking to him. Again, I probably wouldn’t give her an appearance.

Wolverine’s still in Japan, Mariko’s still on his brain. Likely very close to the first story, if not early the next morning as the end of it.
-Daron Jensen