Dolly Donahue

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Dolly Donahue

Post by metaldragon »

There doesn't seem to be a listing for Patsy Walker's/The Defenders' housekeeper Dolly Donahue. I believe her first appearance (AFAIK) was in Defenders 89. I only collected the series when Iceman & Angel joined the team so I'd need confirmation on this list but I believe it should look something like:

Donahue, Dolly
DEF 89-FB
{DEF 89}
DEF 90
DEF 91
DEF 94-FB
DEF 94
DEF 95
DEF 96
DEF 101
DEF 107
DEF 109
DEF 112
DEF 116
DEF 122
DEF 125
DEF 126
DEF 128
DEF 129
DEF 130
DEF 132
DEF 133
DEF 134
DEF 135
DEF 136
DEF 138
DEF 139
DEF 140
DEF 141-BTS
DEF 142
DEF 143-BTS
DEF 144
DEF 145
DEF 146
H:PL 3-FB

Since she was Patsy Walker's parents' housekeeper and helped raise Patsy & took care of her when Patsy's mother died, it's possible Dolly may have other, unnamed appearances or BTS mentions in earlier Patsy Walker stories.
"May the Light shine forever!"
GodRob
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Dolly Donahue

Post by GodRob »

My collection of Defenders goes back to 95, so I can't confirm the first few issues.

possible Change - Defenders 95: Dolly might be BTS for this issue. She is shown in a FB/recap panel of issue 94, but I don't think there's any new material. Her Doctor talks to Patsy about her condition, so BTS.

Add - Defenders 120: Dolly comes rushing into Patsy's room along with Beast, Gargoyle, and Valkyrie. No dialogue, but definitely appears in two panels.

Change - Hellstorm: Prince of Lies 3: should be -FB-BTS. Her death is simply mentioned during one of the flashbacks.

Everything else seems right.

Robert
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

GodRob wrote:Change - Hellstorm: Prince of Lies 3: should be -FB-BTS. Her death is simply mentioned during one of the flashbacks.
Simply mentioning a character's death in a flashback would not merit a behind-the-scenes appearance.

watching: family guy
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
GodRob
Henchman
Henchman

Post by GodRob »

True. Sucks that her off-panel death can't be included in her chronology though.

Robert
GodRob
Henchman
Henchman

Post by GodRob »

I've found a similar situation:

In Captain America 394, Scourge mentions killing Black Abbot, Lionfang, and Wrench. All three victims received BTS appearances for CA 394 since this is the first mention of their deaths.

Hellstorm Prince of Lies 3 consists of Daimon talking to Patsy about what has transpired since their last appearances before issue 1. During Daimon's narrative, flashbacks are shown to scenes that haven't been depicted before. While telling her the circumstances of Gargoyles arrival, he mentions that Dolly has died. This is the first mention of Dolly's death, who hasn't made any appearances since being alive and well in Defenders 146. So, FB-BTS?

Robert
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Russ Chappell »

GodRob wrote:In Captain America 394, Scourge mentions killing Black Abbot, Lionfang, and Wrench. All three victims received BTS appearances for CA 394 since this is the first mention of their deaths.
If Scourge is mentioning something that happened previous to CA 394, those appearances should be removed.

watching: dark shadows
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe