A flashback panel in Dark Reign: Mr. Negative

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

A flashback panel in Dark Reign: Mr. Negative

Post by Paul Bourcier »

On page 14, panel 6 of DARK REIGN: MR. NEGATIVE #3, we see Peter Parker and Betty Brant sitting on the floor in front of an office desk. Peter's right arm is in a sling. The narrative suggests that Peter had a major thing for Betty "that day." Does anyone know what this FB refers to?
Paul B.
JD
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: A flashback panel in Dark Reign: Mr. Negative

Post by JD »

I supposed this was a reference to the Lee/Ditko era, when Peter and Betty nearly became a couple. No idea of the actual issue reference, though.
JLH
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by JLH »

ASM #7, I believe.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

You're right, JLH. The flashback panel is an inaccurate rendering of ASM 7 (21:4) -- I say inaccurate because Peter isn't wearing his glasses in the FB. We can chalk this up to a faulty memory on Peter's part and thus non-canonical. Besides, there's no new info.

However, the flashback on page 3, panel 1 of DARK REIGN: MR. NEGATIVE #3 does show new material. Bennet Brant falls to the floor as Betty and Spidey look on between panels 4 and 5 of page 13 of ASM 11.

Thanks, JLH! :)
Paul B.
tobyoryamcha
Hero
Hero

Post by tobyoryamcha »

While I cant comment on the chronology as I havent got the issues yet, just replying to JD's comment.

I thought they WERE a couple, They may not have had sex (they did once years later apparently although thats by-the-by) but didnt they date, Im pretty sure they did Im sure they went for coffee in Untold Tales of Spider-Man. (or maybe webslingers)