Mojoversal singularity

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Somebody
Director
Director

Mojoversal singularity

Post by Somebody »

A long, long time ago (2005), in a place not so very far from here (well, here, give or take a phpbb upgrade or three), there was a long debate on whether Mojo (and, by extension, the Mojoverse) was a singularity - that is, there was Only One in the whole of creations. [If you really want to read it, it's "Multiversal Singularities (was: In-Betweener question)" in Archive 71]

With that in mind, here's a panel from Exiles (2009) #6. If there is Only One, looks like he got Unhinged From Time:

Image http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/antmanvillains/Mojoxiles.jpg
Spoiler:
Firstly, this ISN'T the only other alternate team shown in the issue, although it's one of only two shown so clearly - the other one's a version of the Impossible Man gathering a Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine and crying Captain America. We also see Howard the Duck introducing himself to a team involving a Thing and Namor, and a team shown from a great distance which involves a guy with his head on fire (Ghost Rider?), a big fat guy (Blob?) and a guy with wings.

Finally, it's explained that alternate, competing, versions of Kang, absorbed into the Panoptichron (as the New Exiles team, with Proteus being ripped from Morph in the process in Morph's stead), are ultimately behind it all - with the Weapon X Exiles team from Winick's run brought up as an example of a prior team with different goals, and shown being recruited by a Kang. With the final postscript, by a smart-again Beast, that the Kangs will probably retcon themselves out in the end, to be replaced by a different gathering force.
Mikhail
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: Mojoversal singularity

Post by Mikhail »

I don't think that's supposed to be the real Mojo, ANY real Mojo. In that panel, he's acting in the role of the Time Broker, not as one of that Exiles team. The Time Broker constructs have a long history of not being real. The Exiles got the Jarvis-y looking guy; Weapon X got a strict taskmistress if I remember right; this group gets "Mojo".