Captain Britain Question

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

tobyoryamcha
Hero
Hero

Captain Britain Question

Post by tobyoryamcha »

Can anyone help me, I am collecting Captain Britain through this series:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Britain ... 344&sr=8-1

Volume four is the most recent to come out. It collects:

Hulk Comic Weekly #42-55, 56-63, Marvel Super Heroes #387-388, Daredevils #1-11 and The Mighty World of Marvel #7-13.

However, this Omnibus:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Britain ... 665&sr=8-1

Which collects:

Marvel Super-Heroes (UK) #377-388, The Daredevils (UK) #1-11, Captain America #305-306, Mighty World of Marvel (UK) #7-16, Captain Britain (UK) #1-14, New Mutants Annual #2, and Uncanny X-Men Annual #11.

Spot the difference?

Which Raises the questions:

1. Was Cap in Marvel Super Heroes 377-386 or not?
2. If he was in them why are they not included in the other collection (I acknowledge you cant asnwer this bit directly)

Can anyone fill me in or tell me about those issues in some way I can figure out why they have done this?

Thanks,

Toby.
Ant-Man
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Captain Britain Question

Post by Ant-Man »

1. Was Cap in Marvel Super Heroes 377-386 or not?

Yes, Captain Britain appeared in Marvel Super-Heroes beginning with issue 377, and continued through 388.

2. If he was in them why are they not included in the other collection (I acknowledge you cant asnwer this bit directly)

My assumption would be a typo on the issue numbering for the solicitation.
- Brian Cook -
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I'd agree with "typo", considering that there's already ANOTHER typo in the Panini solicit. It says it collects Hulk Comic Weekly #42-55, 56-63. Why stop at 55, put a comma, then continue with 56?

They meant #42-55 and 57-63 -- there's no Black Knight strip in #56.

-Jeph!
tobyoryamcha
Hero
Hero

Post by tobyoryamcha »

Id worry about buying the book if the issues wernt there but it seems unlikely they would only include two.

The only thing that makes me sceptical is the cost difference between the two if this doesnt have a big gap. But maybe thats jsut because its an american HC with some rarer issues.

So If I wanted to be a cap completionist I would have to but seperatly:

Captain America #305-306New Mutants Annual #2, and Uncanny X-Men Annual #11.

Out of curiosity anyone know the rough rareness or value of these, in that as long as they are not hundreds of pounds I can just pick them up on ebay to complete my collection.

Thankyou for all the help and quick response you have no idea how much this has been bugging me.