Spider-Man vs Sentinels!

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Spider-Man vs Sentinels!

Post by Col_Fury »

I'm drawing a blank, when has Spider-Man fought a Sentinel in New York City?

There was the time the Spider-clone fought Sentinels during Onslaught...

There was the time the Captain Universe powered Spider-Man fought a Tri-Sentinel during Acts of Vengeance...

There was a destroyed Sentinel in Spectacular #17, but that was on the other side of the country...

I can't think of anything else. Any ideas when a classic-costume Spider-Man fought a regular big old Sentinel in New York? Or has that happened?

Please & Thanks!
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Spider-Man vs Sentinels!

Post by JephYork »

For the record, Col_Fury and I are trying to place the Spidey-vs-Sentinel flashback in ASM #513. Is it an unseen Spidey/Sentinel battle, or part of one we've seen before?

-Jeph!
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

I believe he helped battle the ones in FF:TWGCM 3-4.
"May the Light shine forever!"
Peter Fabricius
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Peter Fabricius »

There is also Amazing Spider-Man 415, though that is Ben Reiley in his slightly different costume.
And the Sentinels in FF:TWGCM #3 were colored green for some reason
Only three weeks on the job and already I live for seeing his forehead turn that shade of pink.
GodRob
Henchman
Henchman

Post by GodRob »

I don't have Amazing Spider-Man 513 to see what type of sentinel Spider-Man is fighting, but he does fight some Prime Sentinels in Uncanny X-Men 346 wearing his classic costume in New York City (Operation Zero Tolerance). Does 2 1/2 out of 3 help?

Robert
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Might help if you described it, people :-P

It's one panel, part of some library footage introduced as "And this is from the time he got between a Sentinel and its prey", which shows a "classic", full-size, shades-of-purple Sentinel squeezing Spider-Man - NOT in the Ben or black costumes, but the post-80s version of the classic suit (the small spider on his chest has splayed rather than grouped legs) - in its' hand, and SM says "Careful pal, that's not a bag of peanuts you're squeezing there, you know."

I DON'T see where it's specified as New York, as Fury says, however. "Some of [the montage of footage] is drawn from news services around the world", and the background looks like nothing so much as a huge pile of mud.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Ray Hastings, Spider-Man expert said "Some of it is drawn from news services around the world, and some of it comes from my own extensive archive of film I shot personally, here on the streets of New York City."

And for some reason, I took that to mean all three flashbacks, Spider-Man vs Galactus, a Sentinel, & yelling at Ray for distracting him from Dr. Doom was all filmed by Ray. But you're right, he says it's drawn from around the world. I guess the only one shot by Ray would be the last one, where Spider-Man is yelling at him.

Sweet. So the Sentinel fight doesn't HAVE to be in New York.

Thanks folks!
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

We still haven't found even one classic-costumed Spidey/classic-Sentinel fight, though. :(

The other option is to declare "costume art error" and claim that it's Ben Reilly, fighting the Sentinels from ASM #415/S-M #72. However, I'm sort of leery to do that -- as it's effectively going against the artist's intent. He intended it (as did the writer, I presume) to actually be Spider-Man.

-Jeph!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Whatever happened to "Metallak", the carnival attraction Sentinel from X-Men Unlimited #33? He looks like a fairly standard Sentinel, and the story ended with him lumbering to New York...

Could Spider-Man have stopped it?
-Daron Jensen