Coming from Marvel in November

Press releases and upcoming events that might affect the Marvel Universe and its chronologies. Use Spoiler warnings!

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JD
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Coming from Marvel in November

Post by JD »

The december solicitations are nearly out, so let's look at what should be out in november :

For the solicitations at Newsarama : http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090818- ... tions.html
If you prefer Comic Book Resources, here you go : http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=22580
Or you could go directly to the Marvel website : http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?date=2009-11

NEW SERIES

- S.W.O.R.D. #1, by Gillen and Sanders, stars Agent Brand, Beast and Lockheed.

- DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #899 (Van Lente & Talajic) starts a "third on-going series" for Deadpool. They're kidding, right ?

- PUNISHERMAX #1, by Aaron and Dillon, is explicitely out of continuity, and features its own version of the Kingpin.

- POWERS #1, by Bendis and Oeming, is supposed to be back as a monthly. I'll believe it when I see it.

NEW MINISERIES

- DARK X-MEN #1 (of 5), by Cornell and Kirk, features what's left of the team after Utopia, as well as the return of Nate Grey. Er, right...

- BLACK WIDOW: DEADLY ORIGIN #1 (of 4), by Cornell, Raney and Leon. Any bets on whether this will contradict established continuity (such as the last few BW minis) ?

- IRON MAN VS. WHIPLASH #1 (of 4), by Bragga, Guggenheim & Briones, is an "in-continuity lead-in to the IRON MAN 2 movie", whatever that means.

- Two new miniseries spinning off from the end of the War of Kings crossover :
* REALM OF KINGS: IMPERIAL GUARD #1 (of 5), by Abnett, Lanning and Walker.
* REALM OF KINGS: INHUMANS #1 (of 5), by Abnett, Lanning and Raimondi.

- STRANGE #1 (of 4), by Waid and Rios, focuses on the former Sorcerer Supreme.

- PSYLOCKE #1 (of 4), by Yost and Tolibao.

- DEATHLOK #1 (of 7), by Huston and Medina. Marvel Knights (so of dubious continuity) + "in the not-too-distant future"...

- THE MARVELOUS LAND OF OZ #1 (of 8), a sequel to the quite successful novel adaptation, by the same creative team.

- SKY DOLL – DOLL’S FACTORY #1 (of 2) : sequel to a Soleil book.
- KOOKABURRA K #1 (of 3), another Soleil book, with Ramos on art.

- DARK TOWER: THE BATTLE OF JERICHO HILL #1 (of 5) : should I even bother mentionning these ?

ONESHOTS

- DARK REIGN: THE LIST - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, by Slott & Kubert, concludes the pseudo-crossover. Will it actually advance in the Dark Reign storyline ?

- REALM OF KINGS, by Abnett, Lanning and Manco, kicks off the new storyline/statu quo of the cosmic books.

- ASSAULT ON NEW OLYMPUS is, for all intents and purposes, an extra issue of INCREDIBLE HERCULES, by exactly the same creative team, kicking off a new storyline. Also, this is the start of the AGENTS OF ATLAS backup strip.

- X-MEN ORIGINS: ICEMAN, by Aguirre-Sacasa and Noto.

- THE BLACK KNIGHT #1, by deFalco & Frenz, reprints some web-published stories.

- IRON MAN: REQUIEM reprints TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 and INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #144 with a token Fraction/Kano framing sequence.

- SON OF MARVEL READING CHRONOLOGY. Wait, what ?

Glorified fill-in watch :

NOTABLE ISSUES

- WAR MACHINE #12 concludes the series.

- Parker takes over THUNDERBOLTS with #138. Meanwhile, Gillen is the new THOR writer as of #604, with Tan on art.

- NECROSHA continues in X-FORCE #21 and NEW MUTANTS #7. But not X-MEN:LEGACY, contrary to what I announced last month (the tie-in in that title only starts in December).

GONE MISSING THIS MONTH :
- CAPTAIN AMERICA (still on hiatus)
- RUNAWAYS (uh oh)
- X-FACTOR (skip month between #50 and #200)

PRICE WATCH
Follow Marvel's price hikes in real time ! (for MU regular titles only)

- 48 pages for $3.99 : WEB OF SPIDER-MAN #2, INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #20, S.W.O.R.D. #1
- 40 pages for $3.99 : AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #612, INCREDIBLE HULK #604, INCREDIBLE HERCULES #138
- 32 pages for $3.99 : ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #4, ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS #5, DARK AVENGERS #11, HULK #17, NEW AVENGERS #59, WOLVERINE WEAPON X #7, X-MEN FOREVER #11 & #12, PUNISHERMAX #1

A notable price decrease : THOR #604 is back to $2.99.

NOTABLE COLLECTIONS

- Marvel Masterworks : Golden Age Daring Mystery v2, FF v12, and a TPB version of Uncanny X-Men v1
- Essentials : Moon Knight v3
- Deadpool Classic v3 (which also reprints ASM #47, for obvious reasons), Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch Classic v1

- FANTASTIC FOUR VISIONARIES: WALTER SIMONSON v3 TPB

- The WAR OF KINGS HC is a massive brick that will also collect the two DARKHAWK minis, the WARRIORS mini and the various one-shots.
- Similarly, the DARK AVENGERS/UNCANNY X-MEN: UTOPIA HC will also collect the DARK X-MEN: THE BEGINNING mini, the CONFESSION one-shot, and the X-MEN:LEGACY tie-in issues.

- AVENGERS: THE KORVAC SAGA PREMIERE HC

- FANTASTIC FOUR: IN SEARCH OF GALACTUS PREMIERE HC

- THE 'NAM v1 TPB

- STAR COMICS: ALL-STAR COLLECTION VOL. 1 GN-TPB... what ?

So, what caught up your eye this time ?
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Coming from Marvel in November

Post by Col_Fury »

Ah, November. The time of year my free time evaporates before mine eyes...
JD wrote:- S.W.O.R.D. #1, by Gillen and Sanders, stars Agent Brand, Beast and Lockheed.
YAY!
JD wrote:- PUNISHERMAX #1, by Aaron and Dillon, is explicitely out of continuity, and features its own version of the Kingpin.
I'm looking forward to this. I've really been digging Aaron on Ghost Rider & Wolverine, I want to check out his Punisher.
JD wrote:- BLACK WIDOW: DEADLY ORIGIN #1 (of 4), by Cornell, Raney and Leon. Any bets on whether this will contradict established continuity (such as the last few BW minis) ?
According to Cornell's wordballoon interview, he had fun interweaving all of that stuff together, and we'll even see previous Black Widows! So yeah, I'm desperately waiting for this one. Yay Cornell!
JD wrote:- STRANGE #1 (of 4), by Waid and Rios, focuses on the former Sorcerer Supreme.
I'm STRANGELY intrigued... :) No, really. I want to read this.
JD wrote:- DEATHLOK #1 (of 7), by Huston and Medina. Marvel Knights (so of dubious continuity) + "in the not-too-distant future"...
YAY! Deathlok in the future... WHERE HE BELONGS! I'm hoping to be Astonished by this Tale! (what's going on tonight? I can't seem to stop...)
JD wrote:- DARK REIGN: THE LIST - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, by Slott & Kubert, concludes the pseudo-crossover. Will it actually advance in the Dark Reign storyline ?
Who cares? It's by Slott & Kubert! Sign me up!
JD wrote:- ASSAULT ON NEW OLYMPUS is, for all intents and purposes, an extra issue of INCREDIBLE HERCULES, by exactly the same creative team, kicking off a new storyline. Also, this is the start of the AGENTS OF ATLAS backup strip.
Sign me up TWICE!
JD wrote:- Parker takes over THUNDERBOLTS with #138.
I can't say no to Parker!
JD wrote:So, what caught up your eye this time ?
This did:
JD wrote:- Marvel Masterworks : Golden Age Daring Mystery v2
Surprise! I can't get enough of this stuff!

-edit-

Hey! This is my 2099th post! Go Miguel O'Hara!
-Daron Jensen