Savage Land Swamp Men

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Savage Land Swamp Men

Post by JephYork »

Where did the Savage Land Swamp Men appear prior to UX #457-459?

I see some in Marvel Fanfare #4, but that was over twenty years prior ... surely they popped up elsewhere between those two issues?

-Jeph!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Savage Land Swamp Men

Post by JephYork »

Found 'em in Marvel Comics Presents #16/4, 1989. Any after that?

-Jeph!
GodRob
Henchman
Henchman

Post by GodRob »

Just pointing out that the Swamp Men in Marvel Fanfare #4 are just the Savage Land Mutates turned back into their normal forms, not generic swamp men.

Also UX Annual 12 (1988) has "many of the peoples of the Savage Land" that M'Rin saved. Some are probably Swamp Men if you can identify them in the back grounds.

Not sure if they're identified, but I had always assumed that some of Zaladanes forces were Swamp Men in UX 249 & 250 (mainly the barbaric looking ones. Aren't the Sun People more advanced and normally non-barbaric looking?)

More questions than answers,
Robert
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I don't think the ones in UX Ann #12 or UX #249-250 are Swamp Men ... the ones in #249-250 talk in full sentences (almost Shakespearian!) and stand upright ... they only seem "barbaric" because they're wearing big armor and carrying spears. Similarly, nobody in the background of UX Ann #12 seems to be ... well, devolved enough. My understanding of Swamp Men is that they're grunting, slouching, hairy Neanderthals.

Oh well -- the search continues. What about Avengers #257 or whatever, the issue where the Savage Land was destroyed?

-Jeph!