Ray Donovan

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Kevin W.
Director
Director

Ray Donovan

Post by Kevin W. »

Amazing Spider-Man #580 has Peter Parker encountering a "Ray Donovan", about whom Peter thinks "Haven't seen him since I worked for the Daily Globe". And there's then an editor's note saying "Pete first worked for the Daily Globe waaaay back in Fantastic Four #207"

Ray Donovan doesn't have an MCP listing. Did this character appear in FF #207? Has he only appeared in comics once? if so, Peter has a better memory than I thought)! Can someone confirm what Ray Donovan's last appearance was?

(Roger Stern, you just had to go obscure, didn't you?)

Thanks,

Kevin
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Ray Donovan

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Kevin, I cannot find any mention of a Ray Donovan.
Paul B.
Spider-Man
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Spider-Man »

I had assumed that he was from Roger Stern's run on ASM. I suppose he could just be a completely new character, but it seems odd considering that Peter claims to have known him.
Peter Fabricius
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Peter Fabricius »

No, he is from Stern's run on Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man. In #47, and probably others
Only three weeks on the job and already I live for seeing his forehead turn that shade of pink.
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

Yes, I got confirmation he's in Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #47, (which, in a case of "perfect timing", is getting uploaded to the Marvel Digital website next week).

Thanks to all for the help!

Kevin
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Kevin W. wrote:Yes, I got confirmation he's in Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #47, (which, in a case of "perfect timing", is getting uploaded to the Marvel Digital website next week).
No, perfect timing would have had it uploaded LAST week :p
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Yup, there he is in PPTSS 47. It's odd the editor's note didn't cite this issue rather than FF 207.
Paul B.
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

And I just noticed: "The Blank" (the villain from the issue) doesn't have a listing in the MCP either. The editor's note in the issue mentions West Coast Avengers #3 as his last appearance, can someone confirm? And does the flashback in ASM #580 show new material? (the bit where the Blank washes up the on the beach, I suspect that's new)...