Who's Who in "Utopia"? Help needed ASAP

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

tobyoryamcha
Hero
Hero

Re: Who's Who in "Utopia"? Help needed ASAP

Post by tobyoryamcha »

Are you trying to get a list of all who are on utopia? Or more specifically, all the inhabitants recent chronology listings?

If its just the former my reamaining mutant list may help. I list if they are a utopia resident if they are seen on the island and it is not stated their stay is temporary and/or we see them leave the island. Its pretty accurate I belive.

For what little its worth:

http://www.box.net/shared/yn28tn5stx

This doesnt inlcude humans, Deadpool, Dr Nemesis, Dani Moonstar and a bunch of non descript families of some of the X-men.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I'm working on Index entries for the Utopia crossover -- the two one-shots, plus UXM #513-514. I don't need to know the complete list of who's inhabiting Utopia Island, I just need to know which characters appear in those four issues, and where they appear last and next.

I've consulted the scripts to half the issues and I'm pretty settled on "who". Next comes their before-and-after chronos, and I'll probably be posting a list shortly of all the ones I can't figure out (since I haven't really read anything post-Utopia yet).

-Jeph!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Jeph wrote:
And hey, according to the script for Uncanny #513, the girl with Karma and Bling on pp.20-21 is Skein.
Hmm. Skein taking a break from Delaware's Women Warriors, eh? Do you suppose this follows her appearance in A:INIT 29? If so, then that helps to determine the overall placement of A:INIT 28-30.
Paul, how definite are you that this is the case? Can you nail down Skein's next and last appearance after her apps in "Utopia" and UX #513? I need to put 'em in the Index ... thanks!

-Jeph!
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Jeph wrote:
Paul, how definite are you that this is the case?
Pretty sure, based on the larger MU chronology, unless some development in AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE suggests otherwise. Skein was introduced as a member of the Women Warriors in A:INIT 26-FB. Next, she appears as a member of that team in A:INIT 29. A:INIT 29 occurs during the time when the Hood was de-powered between NEW AVENGERS #54 and 55. A4 54 occurs before Utopia (given Dr. Voodoo's and Storm's chronologies) and A4 55 occurs after, so it could go either side of Utopia. But A:INT 26-FB almost certainly occurs before Utopia, and it would make more sense for Skein to quit the Women Warriors to take up the mutant cause in DA/UX:UTOPIA 1.
Paul B.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I'm sold. So does this mean she doesn't have a "next app"? UXM #513 is the most current place she's appeared?

-Jeph!
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

UX 513 is the most recent appearance.
Paul B.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Didn't Dani go by her last name for a while? I thought it was around the Reignfire period...
"May the Light shine forever!"
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

She did then, yes.

-Jeph!
jannepie
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by jannepie »

Alrighty, I finally got the Utopia TPB. There are some characters I can't recognize for sure or at all, but hopefully there are some "official" answers for some of these by now.
JephYork wrote:The "Utopia" one-shot - p.9, the big panel where everyone watches TV. Who's who? I have:
Back left: Onyxx, Madison Jeffries, Yuriko Takiguchi, Psylocke??/X-23??, Blindfold
I first thought of Iceman and not Jeffries (IIRC neither of them appeared elsewhere in the issue). I'd say Psylocke because her hair seems a bit purplish. This would make the woman with miscolored pink hair Magma.
JephYork wrote:Sitting down, left to right: Gentle, Dani??/Psylocke??/X-23??, Cannonball, Armor, Match, Sunspot??
Gentle, Armor, Cannonball, X-23 (do others keep those costume thingies in their wrists?), Match, Sunspot.
JephYork wrote:Page 13 panel 3 - is that Nekra? And is the girl saying "move" supposed to be someone specific?
Same Cargill as later on.

Is that Northstar in X-MEN: LEGACY #227 p2p1, on the very right?

Is that Prodigy in UXM #513 p15p6, behind Colossus?

Is that Graymalkin in UXM #513 p19p4, between Anole and Surge? I’m thinking that’s X-23 next to him.

Are the captive mutants in DARK AVENGERS #8 p5p1 supposed to be someone?

I'm thinking that's Hepzibah in DARK AVENGERS #8 p12p4, right?

I don’t recognize everyone in DARK AVENGERS #8 p13p2.
Back row: Elixir, unknown 1, Dust, unknown 2, Anole, unknown 3, Graymalkin.
Middle-ish: Loa, Stepford Cuckoo, Surge, Gentle, Mercury, Trance, Onyxx, Northstar, Stepford Cuckoo.
In front: Pixie, Stepford Cuckoo, Karma, Nightcrawler, Boom-Boom, Colossus, Magma.

Is that Husk in EXODUS p6p1? I didn’t notice her in other parts of the crossover.

Who are part of the mob beating Mimic in EXODUS p15p3? I see Trance, Onyxx, Prodigy (?), Rockslide, Husk (?), Surge, Bling! and Ink (?).

Who are the two blondes in EXODUS p28p4, with Gentle, Trance, Elixir, Anole and Pixie?

Did Boom-Boom appear elsewhere besides DARK AVENGERS #8?