Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iron Man: Legacy of Doom

Post by Col_Fury »

Where does Iron Man: Legacy of Doom fit? Some thoughts:

Iron Man is in his model 09 suit, so after Iron Man #233. Also, he doesn't have the big JRJr boots here, so before Iron Man #258. This story is a follow up to Iron Man #250, so it's narrowed down to between Iron Man #250-#258. Since Iron Man's suit is altered through magic in this mini I'd like to think it was an impetus for him to upgrade his suit for real, which he did in Iron Man #258. Placing it after Iron Man #257 would be a nice a nice cap to the end of the Michelinie/Layton run, I would think.

Doom is deposed in Legacy of Doom, and that fits with this general area. Comparing Doom's & Iron Man's MCP chronologies, we can narrow it down some more.

Iron Man #258 is before the Infinity Gauntlet crossover, so this has to occur before IG for Doom. Iron Man #258 is also before Excalibur #37, so before that for Doom as well. Iron Man #257 is after that Impossible Man summer special, so after that for Doom. That leaves us with Alpha Flight #90-#91(where he’s looking for Canada’s aid to get Latveria back) and Avengers #331(where he’s spying on the Avengers) in Doom’s chronology.

So I’m thinking:

Doom
Avengers #331
LEGACY OF DOOM
Excalibur #37

Iron Man
Marvel Super Heroes #2
LEGACY OF DOOM
Iron Man #258

How's that look?
-Daron Jensen
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Re: Iron Man: Legacy of Doom

Post by Kevin W. »

Just found this relevant topic, and your proposal looks good, Col. Fury. Now can anyone help with chronology placement for Mephisto and Morgana Le Fay in this miniseries?

Thanks,

Kevin
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

Also, while I'm thinking about it, what about Excalibur, was the sword with the Lady of the Lake or anybody else around the time of the flashback shown in this mini-series? Or does it work out for placement for Doom to have the sword here?

And in the present day sequence, this is before "Captain Britain and MI:13 #1", so it's fine if Tony builds a shopping mall over the Lady of the Lake's lake, right?
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

After doing some research, how about this:

Mephisto appears here between Daredevil #282, '90 and Thor #429, '91.

Morgan Le Fay appears here between Black Knight Vol. 2 #1-4, '90 and Namor #61, '95?

Does anyone see anyway that those spots wouldn't work?
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Mephisto looks good to me.

According to the new Index, issue #5 in the entry for Iron Man #150, Morgan Le Fay's chronology looks like this:

Morgan Le Fay
DEFENDERS #152-FB (1986)
IRON MAN #150 (1981)
IRON MAN: LEGACY OF DOOM #2-FB (2008)
-Daron Jensen
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

Col_Fury wrote:Mephisto looks good to me.

According to the new Index, issue #5 in the entry for Iron Man #150, Morgan Le Fay's chronology looks like this:

Morgan Le Fay
DEFENDERS #152-FB (1986)
IRON MAN #150 (1981)

Hmm...I guess with Doom plucking her out of the timestream to appear in "Legacy of Doom", it doesn't matter quite as much that we keep her appearances around 1990 (like the other people appearing in "Legacy of Doom"). I would've liked to have kept her appearance around 1990 though...
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

Are any of the "flashbacks within the flashbacks" in "Legacy of Doom" new material? I know the gist of those flashbacks are images probably seen in Iron Man #149,150, or possibly in the sequel from Iron Man #249, 250, but can someone confirm?

Here's the flashbacks I'm referencing, are these new? If not, where were they seen previously?:

LoD #1, pg. 4, panel 2: Iron Man and Dr. Doom are cast back through time, falling through the time stream...

pg. 4, panel 3: Iron Man and Doom find themselves in the countryside in the time of King Arthur

Pg. 4, panel 4: Doom steps into Morgana's chambers, with the intent of forming an alliance. Morgana has a bird on her shoulder.

Pg. 5, panel 1: Iron Man and Doom battle in the air while Arthur and Morgana Le fay's forces fight below.

panel 2: Iron Man and Doom work together, pulling pieces of their circuitry off of their armor, to build a time portal home.

panel 3: Iron Man and Doom are back in the present day. Having called a truce, they wander away from each other.

LoD #2, pg. 2, panel 4: Dr. Doom and Morgana Le Fay strike a bargain in the spell-guarded chamber of Gor, swearing to work together.

Lod #2, pg. 3, panel 1: Iron Man fighting Dr. Doom in the air while Arthur and Morgana Le Fay's forces fight below.

Panel 2: Morgana Le Fay teleports away with a shard of the Excalibur Sword

Panel 3: Dr. Doom scours books to learn her whereabouts.

Panel 4: Morgana Le Fay is sitting at the right hand of Mephisto, a guest in his realm.

LoD #4, pg. 7, panel #2: Doom "borrows" a spell book from another dimension, which offends the "eyeball demon" who was the owner of the spell book (this one probably IS a new fb...).
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

Okay, after doing some research online, most of these flashbacks occur in Iron Man #150.

The only ones I'm unsure about is the fb panel showing Doom doing research, in an attempt to locate Morgan Le Fay, and the fb panel showing Morgan Le Fay residing in Mephisto's Realm. Are those new?

The MCP has the following order for Morgan Le Fay:

Namor 62-FB
IM 150
Black Knight vol. 2 1-FB
Black Knight vol. 2 2-FB
Thor ann 17/4-FB
IM 209-FB
Av 241-FB
Av 187-FB
Thor ann 17/4-FB
A 241-FB
Spider-Woman #2

The entry for IM #150 from Index issue #5 has the following order:

DEFENDERS #152-FB (1986)
IRON MAN #150 (1981)

I guess that Defenders fb occurs after the Namor #62 fb...

Legacy of Doom #2 ends with Morgan being imprisoned in the "spell sealed chamber of Gor". Does that work with her next appearance being Black Knight vol. 2 1-FB?

In other words, does this work:

NAMOR 62-FB
DEFENDERS #152-FB (1986)
IRON MAN #150 (1981)
BLACK KNIGHT vol. 2 1-FB

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

Kevin W. wrote:The MCP has the following order for Morgan Le Fay:

Namor 62-FB
IM 150
Black Knight vol. 2 1-FB
Black Knight vol. 2 2-FB
Thor ann 17/4-FB
IM 209-FB
Av 241-FB
Av 187-FB
Thor ann 17/4-FB
A 241-FB
Spider-Woman #2

The entry for IM #150 from Index issue #5 has the following order:

DEFENDERS #152-FB (1986)
IRON MAN #150 (1981)

I guess that Defenders fb occurs after the Namor #62 fb...

Legacy of Doom #2 ends with Morgan being imprisoned in the "spell sealed chamber of Gor". Does that work with her next appearance being Black Knight vol. 2 1-FB?
The MCP entry for Morgan seems quite wrong, here is what I have for Morgan :

Namor 62-FB Morgan's childhood
Black Knight Vol. 1 era, vs Black Knight I (Thor Annual 17/4-FB and Black Knight Vol.2 1-FB take place in this period of time)
Avengers 241-FB Magnus becomes Morgan's lovers
Avengers 187-FB Morgan finds the Darkohld, invokes Chthon then imprisons him in the Woundagore Mount
Avengers 241-FB Morgan slays Magnus' body
Iron Man 150-FB Morgan fights King Arthur and Merlin
Black Knight Vol.2 2-FB defeated, Morgan retreats in her castle, Merlin casts a spell to imprison her here
Iron Man 209-FB Merlin has Morgan chained on a stone in her castle
Iron Man 150 Morgan has been freed from her chains, flees with the Excalibur shard
Iron Man Legacy of Doom 2-FB Morgan is a guest of Mephisto
Iron Man Legacy of Doom 2 Doom trades Morgan for Iron Man with Mephisto, then send her back in her castle
Mighty Avengers 9 Doom has an affair with Morgan, visiting her in the castle
Spider-Woman issues
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

michel wrote: The MCP entry for Morgan seems quite wrong, here is what I have for Morgan :

Namor 62-FB Morgan's childhood
Black Knight Vol. 1 era, vs Black Knight I (Thor Annual 17/4-FB and Black Knight Vol.2 1-FB take place in this period of time)
Avengers 241-FB Magnus becomes Morgan's lovers
Avengers 187-FB Morgan finds the Darkohld, invokes Chthon then imprisons him in the Woundagore Mount
Avengers 241-FB Morgan slays Magnus' body
Iron Man 150-FB Morgan fights King Arthur and Merlin
Black Knight Vol.2 2-FB defeated, Morgan retreats in her castle, Merlin casts a spell to imprison her here
Iron Man 209-FB Merlin has Morgan chained on a stone in her castle
Iron Man 150 Morgan has been freed from her chains, flees with the Excalibur shard
Iron Man Legacy of Doom 2-FB Morgan is a guest of Mephisto
Iron Man Legacy of Doom 2 Doom trades Morgan for Iron Man with Mephisto, then send her back in her castle
Mighty Avengers 9 Doom has an affair with Morgan, visiting her in the castle
Spider-Woman issues
Ahhh, that's what I needed to know! Many thanks, michel!!!

Kevin