First mention of Star Trek in the MU

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

First mention of Star Trek in the MU

Post by wolframbane »

In the X-Men/Star Trek crossovers, it was revealed that the Star Trek Universe is a parallel universe to the MU. Is anyone aware of the earliest reference to Star Trek itself in the Marvel Universe (such as perhaps a tongue in cheek reference to Beast as "Dr. McCoy")?
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: First mention of Star Trek in the MU

Post by metaldragon »

wolframbane wrote:In the X-Men/Star Trek crossovers, it was revealed that the Star Trek Universe is a parallel universe to the MU. Is anyone aware of the earliest reference to Star Trek itself in the Marvel Universe (such as perhaps a tongue in cheek reference to Beast as "Dr. McCoy")?
Yes, I believe Hank has been referred to as "Dr. McCoy" and even "Bones", by Iceman if I remember correctly. I'll have to do a whole lot o' reading to find it again though. Sometime in the '90s. Possibly around the Onslaught period.
"May the Light shine forever!"
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

I'm sure there would have been references made during the time the show was on the air -- 1966-1969.

-Jeph!
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

jephyork wrote:I'm sure there would have been references made during the time the show was on the air -- 1966-1969.

-Jeph!
Hank didn't get his doctorate until after he left the X-Men and began working for Brand Corp., so the earliest reference to him as "Dr. McCoy" or "Bones" would have been his Amazing Adventures stories. I'll have to read those issues again...
"May the Light shine forever!"
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Wolframbane's asking about the very first reference OF ANY SORT to Star Trek in the MU -- not just the first "Dr. McCoy" joke.

-Jeph!