Have the following X-characters appeared since...?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Have the following X-characters appeared since...?

Post by JephYork »

Okay, this is my catchall thread to double-check the next place various characters showed up after they appeared in a given issue of Uncanny X-Men. I'm putting the final polish on Index #13, which is set to go to the printers' next week ... so I'd appreciate speedy replies, if possible! Thanks, everyone!

Okay, starting off ... has Leech been seen anywhere since UX #491?

-Jeph!
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Leech?

Post by Somebody »

The writer's said he's going to appear in next week's FF 574 (along with Artie. Would that be the latter's first post-M-Day appearance?)
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

What about Blockbuster and Prism? Both were killed and eaten in "X-Men: Messiah Complex" -- have any new clones of them turned up since?

-Jeph!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Have the following X-characters appeared since...?

Post by JephYork »

The Acolytes: Gargouille, Vindaloo, Neophyte and Projector -- I asked this a while back, but have they had any appearances since UX #492?

-Jeph!
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

jephyork wrote:What about Blockbuster and Prism? Both were killed and eaten in "X-Men: Messiah Complex" -- have any new clones of them turned up since?
I can't see them amongst the bunch of Marauder clones (including at least two Sabretooths) in XFOR3 9-10, so I strongly suspect they haven't.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

X-Factor v3 #27 has a Marauder crowd scene that features two MORE silhouettes than actual members: there are fifteen Marauders at that point (not counting Mystique, who's impersonating Sinister, and Sinister, who's dead) -- and 17 silhouettes.

I'm tempted to call them appearances of Blockbuster and Prism ... however, X-Men: Legacy #208 reveals that Amelia Voght was also among the Marauders during that final battle, so she'd also be a candidate for one of those silhouettes ... and as you say, I don't think we've seen Blockbuster or Prism *anywhere* else since. I think I'll just call that one last unidentified silhouette an art error.

-Jeph!
Chris McCarver
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Chris McCarver »

jephyork wrote:The Acolytes: Gargouille, Vindaloo, Neophyte and Projector -- I asked this a while back, but have they had any appearances since UX #492?

-Jeph!
ComicBookDB.com says no on all four. Granted, that's like treating Wikipedia as 100% reliable, but there you go. :)
chris "mac" mccarver
world's angriest creative mind
get down with the sickness at
http://www.chrismccarver.com
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Yeah, I trust web-info about as far as I can throw it. Thanks, though. Keep the info coming, guys!

What about the Dreaming Celestial? When did it appear BEFORE Uncanny #499?

-Jeph
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

jephyork wrote:What about the Dreaming Celestial? When did it appear BEFORE Uncanny #499?
I thought he last appeared in UXM #496, and before that at the end of the Neil Gaiman Eternals mini-series (Issue #7).
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Thank you, yes, #499 was a typo for #496.

What's the deal with the Eternals v4 series -- where does it fit in, in relation to UXM #496-512 (the range of issues in which we see the Dreaming Celestial in SF)? Does anything status-quo-changing happen to the Celestial at the end of Eternals #9, or does he just continue to stand there?

Also, does he appear anywhere else in the interim? I believe he shows up in an issue or two of Incredible Hercules -- but which ones?

-Jeph!
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

It appeared in Incredible Herc #116 (although that led into the series' Secret Invasion tie-in, it occurred before the main SI series).

And the end of the Eternals ongoing was... confusing (It was narrated from a framing sequence set in the future in such a way that certain points were, uh, ambiguous).

If you take it at face value, the Eternals (almost) all formed a uni-mind and possessed the Celestial's body to rocket off and take on the Horde, and they all died in the process with their resurrection chamber never restored [that part, at least, was shown to be not-entirely-truthful, since the Eternals were back in the future setting], while the Celestial ripped its' helmet off in an astral setting to reveal a Dormammu/human head, started speaking normally, and went off with the "Fulcrum" [a God-analogue]. And then the narrator - who I think was Thena's son since he was namechecked as Joey, but I missed a few issues and had been under the impression from the earlier stuff that he was human, not an Eternal - was wearing a replica of the Dreaming Celestial's armour as his costume in the future scenes.

As a result, I have no idea what the exact status of ANY of these characters is meant to be in the present day.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Oy gevalt. Okay, let's try an easier question.

Kingo Sunen -- the "sleeping" Eternal seen in UXM #500. Does he appear anywhere after that issue?

What about beforehand? The MCP has him last in the "New Eternals: Apocalypse Now" one-shot. Did he appear anywhere else between that and UXM #500?

-Jeph!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

The High Evolutionary.

Circa UXM #500, I have his last app. as XFAC3 #24, and his next app as UXM #507. Does he appear anywhere else before or after #500?

Also, after UXM #507, what's his NEXT appearance?

-Jeph!
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

jephyork wrote:Circa UXM #500, I have his last app. as XFAC3 #24, and his next app as UXM #507. Does he appear anywhere else before or after #500?
He appeared throughout the Annihilation: Conquest mini (not the event, just the series-proper, although the sealing-off of the Kree galaxy from all communication extends his unavailability for even tele-appearances to the whole thing. My analysis is here). I believe that goes between Endangered Species and UX 500.
jephyork wrote:Kingo Sunen -- the "sleeping" Eternal seen in UXM #500. Does he appear anywhere after that issue?
IIRC, all the awoken/surviving Eternals appeared as a group at the end of that series, but that ties back into that last issue again. I don't have the previous issues to say if he was individually shown being woken up, but Fury's analysis of #1-7 doesn't mention him.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

He's still "sleeping" in UXM #500, so he wouldn't have been one of the ones awakened in the Gaiman/Romita Jr. "Eternals" series.

When you say "all the surviving Eternals appeared in the last issue", do you mean the Gaiman mini or the recent 9-issue series?

-Jeph!