Captain Britain in H2 250 and COC

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Captain Britain in H2 250 and COC

Post by Michael »

Currently, we have Captain Britain's appearance in H2 250 taking place after the stories in Hulk Comic. Then we have his appearance in Contest of Champions taking place, and later the stories in Marvel Superheroes. This doesn't work. Brian is transported directly from the stories in Hulk Comic to Jasper's world where the stories in Marvel Superheroes take place. Then, he's restored by Merlin and transported back home in Daredevils 1. Further complicating matters is that the Black Knight appears in those Hulk Comic stories, seemingly after he was transported to the present in A 226. Indeed, we have the Black Knight's appearance in HC 1/2 placed after A 226 in his own chronology, which is long after H2 250. Is it possible to move HC 1/2 after H2 250 in Brian's chronology, and assume that Contest of Champions take place sometime during the Hulk Comic stories- after Brian gets his memories back but before they make it to Otherworld?
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Captain Britain in H2 250 and COC

Post by JephYork »

Huh. I made that very same suggestion about a decade ago, and I could have sworn that the MCP was changed then -- to put the Hulk #250 appearance roughly between Hulk Comic #10-11.

Did something get changed back/overruled, or did it just never get changed in the first place, and I've spent the last decade thinking I contributed? ;)

-Jeph!
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

Well, the Hulk 250 appearance has to take place BEFORE Hulk Comic 10-11- we've got H2 250 placed before H@11, which takes place between A 206 and 207 and Dane's appearances in Hulk Comic have to take place after A 226, since Dane finally gets back from the past in that issue. (Maybe someone noticed that and reversed your change.) My guess is that what happened was this- Brian decided to stay in America a while after the Arcade incident in M/TU 65-66. He makes a visit home in H2 250, goes back to America but realizes he misses home and decides to return. There he gets magically attacked in the flashback in Hulk Comic 42-43 and stays there until Dane finds him sometime after A 226. Then between Hulk Comic 10 and 11 Dane and Brian participate in the Contest of Champions. Then Brian has his adventures on Otherworld and Jasper's World and gets killed. After Merlyn brings him back to life and sends him home in Daredevils 1, he makes a brief appearance in H2 279 (although he's mistakenly drawn with his old costume), which we have correctly placed between Daredevils 4 and 5.
In fact this explanation explains a continuity error in Excalibur 53- Brian explains that he paid the bills of a woman he injured in the States when he returned to Heathrow, but Brian would have had no opportunity to pay the woman's bill for years since he didn't make it home because he got attacked on the flight. Brian must have paid the woman's bills during the visit home in H2 250.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Okay, gotcha -- I think I agree with that placement.

-Jeph!