Hi! Just a question...

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Davide
Minion
Minion

Hi! Just a question...

Post by Davide »

Hi everybody!
My name's Davide, I'm Italian and I just registered to the MCP forum.
I am one of the contributor to the (great :p) Italian Marvel web-site Blue-Area (www.blue-area.net, take a look).

Just to start, I'd like to ask a question to you big experts:
does the Epic series "Akira Collection" only feature reprints from the main Epic "Akira" series? Or is there any other material?
And does some of you know when exactly the Akira Collection issues (they should be only 10) were published?

Thanks in advance!
Chris McCarver
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Hi! Just a question...

Post by Chris McCarver »

If the Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators site is correct, all the Akira Collections were published in 1993.

Welcome! :)

EDIT: I've got no info as to whether any additional material was in any of them, though. I know the last issue of the original run (#38) has two additional stories by Larry Hama and Warren Ellis, but I don't know if those were included in the collections.
chris "mac" mccarver
world's angriest creative mind
get down with the sickness at
http://www.chrismccarver.com
Davide
Minion
Minion

Re: Hi! Just a question...

Post by Davide »

Hey, thank you for the reply! :D

And, yes, I know the UHBMCC (one of my favourite web-sites, indeed :D, I even sent the administrator some additions and corrections) and it lists all the Akira Collection as published in 1993, BUT... take a look here:

http://www.amazon.com/Akira-Collection- ... 087135697X

It's number #1 and it says 1990. Also, the Complete Marvel Chronology gives many information about Marvel and says that issue #1 was published in 1990, issue #2 and 3 in 1991, issues #4-8 in 1992 and issues #9-10 in 1993. Uhmmmmmmmmmm does somebody know the whole story about it?