Uncanny X-Men: NFL Pro Action comic

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Uncanny X-Men: NFL Pro Action comic

Post by JephYork »

Does anyone own this?

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=206976

It was a one-shot, cover-labeled "Uncanny X-Men #1", with apparently no indicia -- bound inside Fleer's "NFL Pro Action" #1 magazine.

I used to have a copy, but it looked non-canon so I got rid of it a few years back. I may potentially need to reference it now, though, or might need a cover scan.

Anybody own it?

-Jeph!
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Uncanny X-Men: NFL Pro Action comic

Post by Jason Doty »

I have it, are you in a rush for the cover scan.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Nope. Just wanna know who has it. Thanks, Jason, so far you're the only guy.

-Jeph!
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Actually, strike that. I may have made some room for it -- and some other fun X-Men giveaway books as well.

Jason, any chance you could scan the covers of "Madness in Murderworld" and this NFL Pro Action comic? I've sent you an e-mail with the details; get back to me as soon as you can. Thanks!

-Jeph!
Giant Ant
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Giant Ant »

There was also an exclusive X-Men comic in NFL Pro-Action vol.2 #2, and there are Spider-Man comics in vol.2 #1 and 3.
I have all the NFL Pro-Action magazines, so let me know if you need anything.
I don't have access to a scanner though...
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Thanks for the offer, Giant Ant. I own #2, but I'm curious about the two Spidey comics. Are they blatantly non-canon, contradicting established facts? Or blatantly canon, referencing all kinds of Earth-616 stories?

The two X-Men stories seem like they're set in the cartoon continuity, and I'm curious if the Spidey stories have any clues one way or the other...

-Jeph!
Giant Ant
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Giant Ant »

Well, I'd say they're meant to be canon.

The comic in Pro-Action vol.2 #1 has no indicia and has #1 on the cover.
It is written by JM Dematteis and drawn by Alex Saviuk, and is titled "The Heartless Man" (cover title is "The Goblin Strikes").
In it, Spider-Man battles the Green Goblin (Harry Osborn).
There are no references to specific stories, but it's clearly meant to be canon.
Spider-Man is married, Harry has been missing for a few months ("since their last encounter") and his son Norman appears. The story ends with Harry disappearing after his glider explodes. He was in shock after seeing his son for the first time in months. There is also a 3-page origin story.

The comic in Pro-Action vol.2 #3 has no indicia and has #3 on the cover (#2 is the X-Men comic in vol.2 #2).
It is written by Mike Lackey and drawn by Kerry Gammil and Keith Pollard, and is titled "Mysterious Doings" (cover title is "Under Siege").
It has Spider-Man battling Mysterio (Quentin Beck), who is trying to keep him from delivering an antidote to the city hall, where an important witness was poisonned before he had the chance to testify. Spider-Man has to fight Mysterio-created illusions of Vulture, Scorpion, Venom, Carnage, Kingpin and Doctor Octopus. He fights an elderly Vulture, and Spider-Man remarks that he should be much younger. There is a footnote referencing ASM #386-388.

I don't know where they would fit in the continuity though.
Hope that helps :)