Marvel Graphic Novel: Emperor Doom

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Marvel Graphic Novel: Emperor Doom

Post by JephYork »

Someone on this board mentioned that Wolverine and Storm appear in M/GN #27, "Emperor Doom". (I think that's the right issue number...)

Can anyone verify this? And tell me where the issue should occur in their chronologies?

-Jeph!
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Marvel Graphic Novel: Emperor Doom

Post by Michael »

Wolverine's and Storm's faces are shown in the crystal shards after Namor shatters the prism and kills the Purple Man. Here's a link to a scan:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fZ37jdy-g4M/S ... +)%3D-.jpg
As to when Emperor Doom takes place, we can't agree on that. It's placed inconsistently in various characters' chronologies. Here's a link to previous threads on the subject:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5036
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4685
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4225
Neither Paul nor myself could think of a way to make Emperor Doom work without claiming that a character was a time-traveler or a robot. Paul wanted to use that excuse for Hulk. I wanted to use that excuse for Doom. If you can think of a way to make Emperor Doom work without using time-travel or robot excuses, you're a better man than I.
SeanCurtin
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by SeanCurtin »

There are a couple of other characters on that page who don't have M/GN 27 listed in their chronologies. In addition to Storm and Wolverine, there's also Black Knight/Dane Whitman, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Invisible Woman, Mister Fantastic, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, and Thing. The white guy in the blue suit is probably Ronald Reagan. The black woman in the silver mask whose head is cut off between the two captions at the top of the page has to be Captain Marvel/Monica Rambeau. And the black guy in the yellow shirt whose head is partially obscured by the top left caption could arguably be Luke Cage; if so, that would only leave the bearded black guy to the left of him unidentified on that page (unless Beard Guy is a miscolored Gears Garvin?).
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

M/GN 27 DOES appear in Luke's chronology- it's between PM&IF 117 and 118. And if the black woman is Monica Rambeau, then that complicates placement, since she's stuck in space between A 255 and A 261.