How many people has Rogue touched?

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Kevin W.
Director
Director

How many people has Rogue touched?

Post by Kevin W. »

To clarify, how many people has Rogue touched without absorbing their powers (either because she was depowered, or because the person was immune to her powers)?

I ask because I recently read the Siege: "Sentry - Fallen Sun" one-shot, and it heavily implies that her and the Sentry were intimate at one time (though I can't see how the Sentry was immune to her power).

This is not continuity related, this is just me being a Rogue fan wondering...I mean, why should she shed tears for the Sentry, of all people? Aren't there others she's been able to touch (and not just "intimately")?
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: How many people has Rogue touched?

Post by Somebody »

Impossible to put a number on - she was depowered for an extended period (a couple of years real-time) in the latter half of X-Treme X-Men - during which time she left the book for a year & got a tattoo, which has since disappeared - and had her powers finally "fixed" a year or two back so she can touch at will.
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

Somebody wrote:Impossible to put a number on - she was depowered for an extended period (a couple of years real-time) in the latter half of X-Treme X-Men - during which time she left the book for a year & got a tattoo, which has since disappeared - and had her powers finally "fixed" a year or two back so she can touch at will.
Ah, I didn't read X-Treme X-Men, so I missed that...could this contact she had with the Sentry have occurred during this time? Perhaps this is chronology discussion after all (though there were no flashbacks to place in that Sentry one-shot I read).

How about this, can I just double check: how many people have shown immunity to Rogue's powers? Because the way the story read, the Sentry was able to touch her (with her powers...)
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Nathan P. Mahney
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Nathan P. Mahney »

Rogue was very heavily involved with Gambit during X-Treme X-Men, to the point where they lived in the same house. It seems very unlikely that that's when she and the Sentry had their fling.
- Nathan P. Mahney -