AWC@ 8

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

michel
Director
Director

AWC@ 8

Post by michel »

AWC@ 8 is nowhere to be found in the MCP. Is it an omission or is this issue considered non canon ?

In the first case, I can provide an analysis. The story involves Ultron & War Toy, Rhodey as War Machine, Tony Stark using the Iron Man's armor by remote, and Mockingbird is still alive, so it's roughly placed in between AWC 95 and 98.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: AWC@ 8

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Please do provide an analysis. My guess is that Iron Man appears here between IM 300 and AWC 102. Thanks for noticing this omission.
Paul B.
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

An anonymous tip brings the West Coast Avengers (War Machine, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch, Mockingbird, US Agent, Hawkeye) at the San Francisco's Coit Tower. Fleeing the scene, a tourist accidentaly finds Ultron and Alkhema, followed by the Avengers, but they're hypnotised by Ultron. He wants to use them to place seismic activators in Alaksa, Mexico and Washington State. The tourist, Gary Wilton Jr, happens to be a mutant, transforms into Raptor and flees. But he had taken Mockingbird's Avengers card, and he can warn Iron Man. Tony, in bed in Los Angeles and remotely controlling Iron Man, summons up reservists : Tigra, Living Lightning, Wasp, Dr. Pym. The latter two fight Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch in Alaska, and lose. Tigra and Living Lightning fight War Machine and Mockingbird in Mexico, and lose. Iron Man and Raptor fight Spider-Woman and US Agent in Washington State, they all end up knocked out and the activator is not activated. All Avengers regroup with Ultron and Alkhema. Ultron tries to hypnotise Iron Man, but Tony not being here allows him to fight back, and in smashing Ultron he frees the other Avengers. They defeat Ultron and Alkhema.

Only flashback in the issue : Raptor's origins.

I'll try to place it next week-end, when I'll get to my Avengers books. It has to happen before AWC 98-100, the arc of the death of Mockingbird. Paul, how do you have IM 295-300 and AWC 98-102 intertwined ? AWC 96-97, IM 294 and the first half of IM 295 are Infinity Crusade tie-ins.
Last edited by michel on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

Michel, is Hank in his "Dr. Pym" identity or his "Giant-Man" identity? Hank switches from Dr. Pym to Giant-Man in A 365.
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

It's Dr. Pym. So it's before A 365, which is before IC for the Avengers, so before AWC 96. Rhodey becomes War Machine in AWC 94-95, that puts AWC@ 8 in between AWC 95 and 96.

When the WCA arrive at the Coit Tower, a tourist asks "What's Iron Man looking for, Avengers ?" and the Scarlet Witch corrects him : "Only that's War Machine, not Iron Man". That's fine with a placement a little bit after AWC 95.

For Iron Man, that would place AWC@ 8 in between IM 291 and 292.