"The Weapon X program" - first usage?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

"The Weapon X program" - first usage?

Post by JephYork »

The group that implanted Wolverine's Adamantium -- where were they first referred to as "the Weapon X program"? (Or "the Weapon X project", either one.)

I assume it's somewhere in M/CP #72-84, but I'm racing to meet an Index deadline and don't have time right now to read through it. It might be somewhere in the many pages of documentation we see in M/CP #72.

Can someone track this down for me? Tonight if possible? Great big thanks in advance.

-Jeph!
Peter Fabricius
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: "The Weapon X program" - first usage?

Post by Peter Fabricius »

Just had time to look through M/CP.
It is never referred to as Weapon X in those issues.
On the very first page of M/CP #72 there is a reference to Experiment-X, and that seems to be the part that involves Logan specifically.
On the first page of M/CP #77 Logan is called 'Weapon-X', and every later use in those issues is to Logan specifically.

I also checked Wolverine #48-50, and on page 11 of #50 there is a computer monitor with the phrase 'Project X' on it.

I guess that 'Weapon X' as the name for the project is in later issues of Wolverine, or in X-Men

I might have time later today to look through some of those, but I can't promise
Only three weeks on the job and already I live for seeing his forehead turn that shade of pink.
Peter Fabricius
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Peter Fabricius »

I think I found it.

X-Men #7, on page 1. Dr. Cornelius uses the phrase 'The Wepon X program' when speaking to Matsuo

I checked Wolverine up to #62 (oct 92), Uncanny X-Men up to #293 (oct 92) and X-Men #1-7 (apr 92).
The Weapon X program is also named by Silver Fox in Wolverine #62 on page 10, but X-Men did it first.
Only three weeks on the job and already I live for seeing his forehead turn that shade of pink.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

You guys rock! Just in time to slide this notation into Index 3.1. Thanks!!

-Jeph!