Villains in Spider-Island: Heroes for Hire #1

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Villains in Spider-Island: Heroes for Hire #1

Post by Paul Bourcier »

On page 4 of Spider-Island: Heroes for Hire #1, we see our heroes fighting Chemistro and two other villains. One has a green fish-like head and wears red, robe-like attire. The other wears a blue costume with brown gloves, brown collar, and brown striping on the sleeves and the top of his head mask. Who are these guys?
Paul B.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Villains in Spider-Island: Heroes for Hire #1

Post by Michael »

Here's a link to a scan of page 4:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_ ... =9953&pg=4
The dialogue makes it clear that they're fighting both villians and infected civilians. Aside from Chemistro, I'm not sure who's supposed to be a villain and who's supposed to be an infected civilian.
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

The fish-head is Mr. Fish from Power Man 29
The striped sleeve hanging in the air on page 3 panel 2 is likely the Cheshire Cat from Power Man 37

I don't recognize the character in blue and brown/red with his two-pronged fork

Paladin is also fighting a fanged character in a hat and fur collar that looks familiar.

I guess they're all old Luke Cage villains.
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by loki »

Sounds like the members of the "Flashmob" that Nightshade organized in Shadowlands: Power Man #2 - Mr. Fish, Spear, Commanche, Chemistro, Cheshire Cat, Cockroach Hamilton. The fanged guy sounds like it might be Piranha Jones, though the clothes aren't a good match, and he'd need to have recovered from being killed by Terror back in Terror Inc. #7.

Oh, and it's not Mr. Fish (Mortimer Norris) from Power Man #29. He died in a fall. It's his brother, Bill Norriss, who debuted in Daughters of the Dragon #4.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Loki wrote:
Sounds like the members of the "Flashmob" that Nightshade organized in Shadowlands: Power Man #2 - Mr. Fish, Spear, Commanche, Chemistro, Cheshire Cat, Cockroach Hamilton
That's it exactly! And Nightshade is with them. The ones we can make out distinctly are Nightshade, Chemistro, Mr. Fish, and Spear. Thanks, Loki.
Paul B.
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by loki »

Leoparis wrote: Paladin is also fighting a fanged character in a hat and fur collar that looks familiar.

I guess they're all old Luke Cage villains.
Looking again I recognize the fanged guy from his eyes and dodgy 'stache. It's Cornell Cottomouth
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/cotnmc.htm
who also turned up last in Shadowlands: Heroes for Hire, though not as part of the Flashmob.
Mikhail
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Mikhail »

Comanche is the guy Falcon is tossing about in the middle panel. He's just upside-down.