Hashing out X-Men post utopa-pre regenesis (now expanded)

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Re: Hashing out X-Men post utopa-pre regenesis

Post by Emerald_616 »

I think Half a Step occurs after Uncanny X-Men 544.

In UX 544, Bobby is about to embark on the final flight of people and stuff from Utopia whereas when Rogue has Ariel teleport her to the Jean Grey School, it's in ruins and she's taken a lot of time to decide what to do. I thought the mess she walked in upon was the destruction of the school at the hands of Kade Kilgore in Wolverine & the X-Men 1-3, which explains why she and the rest of the Legacy team weren't there to help in the fight.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Emerald_616 wrote:I think Half a Step occurs after Uncanny X-Men 544.

In UX 544, Bobby is about to embark on the final flight of people and stuff from Utopia whereas when Rogue has Ariel teleport her to the Jean Grey School, it's in ruins and she's taken a lot of time to decide what to do. I thought the mess she walked in upon was the destruction of the school at the hands of Kade Kilgore in Wolverine & the X-Men 1-3, which explains why she and the rest of the Legacy team weren't there to help in the fight.
Your opinion is quite refreshing and interesting, so I have scrolled through these issues of X-Men Legacy. The only BIG problem I'm having with it is that Blindfold and Hellion, both play a big part in "Half a Step". Blindfold appears in XML #259 and is seen in the blackbird leaving Utopia with Wolverine and Iceman. Hellion in XML #260 is already packing when Rogue comes to him, then she forces him to help before he leaves for JGS. Both X-Students are at the Jean Grey School from the beginning.
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Post by Emerald_616 »

Ah, I forgot about Hellion's appearance. Thanks for that.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I just added in X-Factor
(I placed 200-203) right before Second Coming because those issues deal with M's father being kidnapped and continue in Second Coming.
(I placed 204-206) during Second Coming for obvious reasons.
(I placed 207-213) before Chaos War because of Hela and Madrox has to be back to be in issue one of Chaos War.
(I placed 215-219) before New Avengers no.7 because it has Spider-Man and there will have to be a break in his title to accommodate both stories.
(I placed 220-224) before fear itself because of Hela. and finally (I placed 224.1-228) after Children's Crusade because Rictor has his abilities back.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Jason Doty wrote:I just added in X-Factor....
(I placed 220-224) before fear itself because of Hela. and finally (I placed 224.1-228) after Children's Crusade because Rictor has his abilities back.
Isn't the .1 issue before Rictor gets his powers back, and #225 the first XF issue with him repowered?
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Just because he doesn't use his powers doesn't mean he does not have them. Plus, this the lead in to the next storyline. I could move it to before Children's Crusade. Does anyone else believe this is necessary? I don't mind either way.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I was looking through Secret Avengers (1-12.1) and does anyone think that this is one story from beginning to end? Is there a need for gaps in it to accommodate other stories?

I'm thinking Shang-Chi is part of the Avengers before Shadowland.

Secret Avengers no.1-5 is one arc, followed by 6-10 (Shang-Chi joins), 11-12.1 (dealing with John Steel).
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Jason Doty wrote:Just because he doesn't use his powers doesn't mean he does not have them.
No, but the fact that *it is specifically stated he doesn't* does.
Attachments
X-Factor #224.1 (13&14:6)
X-Factor #224.1 (13&14:6)
X-Factor224.1-13-14-p6.jpg (23.83 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by loki »

Who is narrating? I don't know the story to be able to judge where it should be placed, but if it would fit better after Rictor's repowering and the only factor preventing it from going there was the quote above, then depending on who the narrator was (e.g. if it isn't a member of X-Factor), they may just not be aware of Rictor's recent repowering.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Madrox, who's there when it happens. He's skipped out on the fight to see his old farm with Layla and is elucidating on every member of the team, per the "jumping on point" idea, while we see the team off fighting the old woman/monster that they actually came to investigate. And there IS a gap between issues - although arguably it may fall between 224.1 (22:1:1) and (22:1) rather than 224.1 & 225, since the last page of the .1 issue is a cut away from the team leading more directly to the next story - and there's a reference that his visit to the farm in #226 makes it "twice in as many months", meaning the latter issue takes place the month after #224.1.

[Plus - in a sign of intent if not direct evidence - #225 opens with a sequence specifically to demonstrate that Rictor has been repowered between issues, complete with "see Children's Crusade" footnote.]
DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by DonCampbell »

Somebody wrote:And there IS a gap between issues - although arguably it may fall between 224.1 (22:1:1) and (22:1) rather than 224.1 & 225, since the last page of the .1 issue is a cut away from the team leading more directly to the next story - and there's a reference that his visit to the farm in #226 makes it "twice in as many months", meaning the latter issue takes place the month after #224.1.
X-Factor #226 seems to pick up immediately after #225 so, depending on precisely how "twice in as many months" is interpreted, the gap between Issue #224.1 and 225 (or between pages 20 & 21 within issue #224.1) could be anywhere from just a few days (i.e. from the end of Month One to the beginning of Month Two) to almost two months (from the beginning of Month One to the end of Month Two) in duration. The fact that Sally's dead body on the last page of issue #224.1 seems to be wearing the same dress that her living self had on earlier in the issue suggests that she was killed on the same day that Madrox visited. Then again, captive-Terry is shown wearing a green shirt whereas he had on a yellow shirt during Madrox's visit. The only other temporal reference is when the homicide detective in issue #225 asked Madrox if he had visited Lawrenceville "recently."

Don Campbell
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Thanks somebody. Your evidence is irrefutable. I'll move 224.1 to before Children's Crusade. Let me know if you spot anything else.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I place-set Spider-Island and Shadowland for further discussion.

I also could use some help with Secret Avengers and for that mater the whole of the beginning of the Heroic Age prior to Second Coming. Any Avengers or Captain America people would be of major help in this section.

Also some of the issues that the MCP has bracketed placement for have at least the first 5 issues of Avengers: The Children's Crusade in Cap's chronology, way farther up from where I have this placed. Does anyone have an idea of how to break this series up?
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I tightened up the Shadowland cross-over and place-set the first arc of Black Panther: The Man Without Fear. After going through Shadowland I don't believe Shang-Chi is yet part of the Avengers. Next, I'll place-set Siege.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I updated the list to include FF, based on Doom's timeline being discussed in another post discussing Children's Crusade. I think the placement might work. let me know what you all think.