Hashing out X-Men post utopa-pre regenesis (now expanded)

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Hashing out X-Men post utopa-pre regenesis

Post by Somebody »

Thing about putting A:CC after Fear Itself is that Colossus appears as his pre-Juggernaut self (there's also a lead-in story by Heinberg & Coipel in UX 526/2 to consider, although it's sufficiently loose to be severable if it becomes strictly necessary). Much as I like the idea of putting it after Doom's finished with the FF (since, despite the Doom-in-the-Reeds-Citadel coda, he's been appearing in Incredible Hulk, back in Latveria, since).

Also, X-Factor don't appear until A:CC #6, and the first five issues cover some time. It's quite probable that XF 224.1 actually occurs *during* the earlier part of Children's Crusade.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

OTOH, Steve seems to be Captain America in Children's Crusade and he returns to being Cap in Fear Itself.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Couldn't the Doom in Hulk be Kristoff?
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Post by Emerald_616 »

There's an interview from someone at Marvel from a year or so ago that says not to put much stock in the costumes worn during A:CC, since it was so drawn out and so much else happened between Fall 2010 and Winter 2012.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Jason Doty wrote:Couldn't the Doom in Hulk be Kristoff?
Don't go there until the comics go there.

-Jeph!
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Jeph! wrote
Don't go there until the comics go there.
I should have been a bit clearer. How do we know when Doom is Doom? It could be a robot, Kristoff, or actually him. Who knows, it could be a time-traveling Doom for all we know.

We're going to have and do some thinking on this. We have him appearing in World War Hulks, Hulk, X-Factor, a robot in New Avengers, FF, Doomwar, X-Men and Children's Crusade. I'm not suggesting assigning his appearance to another character, but there are some major inconsistencies during this stretch of time.

Then to top it off we have Steve as Cap, Colossus non-Juggernauty. The MCP's listing for Captain America shows no.1-5 of Children's Crusade in roughly just after X-Men: The Heroic Age. The story does not seem to have breaks. What are your and the other big guns here's take on this story? We know what it takes place before and roughly what it's after, your and the others help would be much appreciated as for what to ignore in this storyline or where the breaks should be.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

BETRAYAL IN THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE *Note this story takes place out of order to accommodate Doom in FF.

Hi Jason or someone else,

Why can't we place the issues of X-Men v3 #7-#15.1 before the Betrayal in the Bermuda Triangle. I think we should because of Colossus. He should be in his Juggernauty form after Fear Itself (ACC aside...). Then we don't have a story that takes place out of order.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

The X-Men have the Team-Up with Ghost Rider after, Fear Itself. I've been thinking about Paul's suggestion. Let's wait until he gets back with us on my questions in the other post. Then, I'll adjust it again.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Hey Frans, I moved the X-Men v3 to what I think you suggested. Until we figure out Children's Crusade, I'm unsure what else to do. I think I wanted to keep Serve and Protect before Spider-Island, because the same X-Men were in New York just prior. Let me know if that is what you wanted.
morwen
Minion
Minion

Post by morwen »

Somebody wrote:Thing about putting A:CC after Fear Itself is that Colossus appears as his pre-Juggernaut self (there's also a lead-in story by Heinberg & Coipel in UX 526/2 to consider, although it's sufficiently loose to be severable if it becomes strictly necessary). Much as I like the idea of putting it after Doom's finished with the FF (since, despite the Doom-in-the-Reeds-Citadel coda, he's been appearing in Incredible Hulk, back in Latveria, since).
Also, Colossus appears with hair in Schism, which is pretty clearly set after Fear Itself - so his appearance is not a reliable litmus for placements.
Emerald_616
Hero
Hero

Post by Emerald_616 »

The artists had to show him in non-Juggernaut form until the reveal, which was being published concurrently with Schism and A:CC. So it's more artistic license than actual plot placement due to editorial dictate probably.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I just reviewed, Paul's placement of Children's Crusade and would like to attempt to adjust for it. Can anyone pretty quickly tell me after what Avengers issues the Annuals for New Avengers and Avengers take place with Wonder Man.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

I think there's some wiggle room here, but I have those annuals right after Spider-Island and between Avengers #18-19 along with Annihilators: Earthfall #1-4. Magneto: Not a Hero #1, Avenging Spider-Man #1-3, and Cap #6-10.
Paul B.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Paul, I'm starting to get confused.

Spider-Man wrote
As for the Avengers/New Avengers annuals, they specify on the recap page that they take place before Fear Itself, and thus before Children's Crusade too. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense considering Simon's behavior, but it wouldn't the other way around either, since characters in the annual still treat Wanda's disappearance like some unexplained mystery.
Spider-Island is after Fear Itself, because both Herc and Black Panther issues tie into that and before that Fear Itself. The Avengers Annual can't take place after because the Avengers tower is destroyed in Fear Itself and Simon and his crew make an attack on the Mansion and the Tower.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Excuse me, you're correct. My notes in two files weren't synching up properly. *doh*

The annuals have to occur before Fear Itself; I believe this is confirmed by an editorial note. In fact, I have those annuals very shortly before FI, and Avengers Mansion has to be repaired pretty quickly after the annuals.

Sorry for the confusion.
Paul B.