Camazotz
Sasquatch
Captain America
Silverclaw
Living Lightning
Velocidad
Toro
Kulican

*Note-there are several other Avenger affiliates that I cannot identify.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Hulk v3 #55

Post by Paul Bourcier »

That's not Velocidad (using an X-Man here would be rather odd); it's Calamity from the Order. I could use some help identifying the reserve Avengers in this issue, though.

Page 11, panel 3 (left to right):
??? (looks like Shroud, but not with the powers he's using)
Silverclaw
Anthem
Living Lightning
Gravity (he creates a gravity field, but now Greg Willis appears to be sporting a Johnny Cool/Zach Moonhunter look)
Toro
Calamity
(And what's up with that caped dog?)

Page 14/15, panel 1 (left to right):
Silverclaw
??? (grabbed by Camazotz's right hand)
Toro
??? (grabbed by Camazotz's left hand)
Rage
??? (lying in rubble)
??? (female with pigtails and blasting with her hands)
Living Lightning
??? (guy who looks like a capeless Prowler and wielding an H-shaped weapon in each hand)
Gravity
Paul B.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

The Mayan Gods shown here, as in Hulk v3 #54, are:
Ixchel (jaguar goddess)
Yum Kaax (plant god)
Tuhil (flame god)
Ah Puch (shrouded death-touch god)
Camazotz (batlike god)
Jacawitz (volcano god)

Kukulcan also appears here (but not in issue #54).

This issue also includes two talking howler monkeys (Mayan entities) -- Hunahpu and Xbalanque.
Paul B.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

I'm quite sure it's Velocidad. His costume fits exactly. He should come in the place of Anthem and Calamity. With his speed powers he rescues an infant. Also he's from South or Central America as most of these Avengers. Maybe that's a clue to find matches for the others.

Do we know already when this Hulk story takes place? It even could happen after Avengers vs X-Men is finished.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Calamity also has speed powers, and check out how his costume matches that of the man I've identified as Anthem, a fellow Order member.
Paul B.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

I'm aware of the Order members Anthem and Calamity. Calamity's costume is white and blue, he wears a mask and red goggles. Anthem's costume is dark blue and yellow and he wears a cape.

Their costumes don't match the costume of the "Avenger" in this panel. That the costume of the man you've identified as Anthem matches the one you've identified as Calamity is true, because it's the same man in the same costume! If you look carefully you even can see the route he travels to rescue the infant. To make his speed visible, you can even follow his trail. These are not two men, but one and the same, it really is Velocidad. The colors of the costume dark brown with orange, no mask, dark hair, even the stripes on his costume match.

Have you looked at the previews of the new Marvel series, coming. If this Hulk story is placed then, it would match perfectly.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Totally missed that! I figured the Order changed their costumes. And yes, I've seen a preview for a certain team book featuring a mix of members of...other teams. Maybe it will turn out that Hulk is giving us a glimpse of the future!
Paul B.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Haha, indeed, a glimpse. But still, I've got absolutely no clue who the others are. I've searched the net, but came up with nothing. Maybe the next issue will give us more detail?