Astonishing X-Men #44-47 characters?

Chronology issues surrounding the non-Marvel Universes/Timelines.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Astonishing X-Men #44-47 characters?

Post by Frans »

In ASTONISHING X-MEN v3 #44-46 Cyclops is abducted to an alternate universe where Savior killed lots of Alternate Universe X-Men. In the flashback scenes a lot of characters are unrecognisable or undetermined. Has anyone knowledge of who these characters appear to be? In Marvel Wikia some characters are named, but I couldn't find confirmation and I didn't see any resemblance. For example "A guy with a brown ponytail is Gideon?"
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Astonishing X-Men #44-47 characters?

Post by loki »

Frans wrote:In ASTONISHING X-MEN v3 #44-46 Cyclops is abducted to an alternate universe where Savior killed lots of Alternate Universe X-Men. In the flashback scenes a lot of characters are unrecognisable or undetermined. Has anyone knowledge of who these characters appear to be? In Marvel Wikia some characters are named, but I couldn't find confirmation and I didn't see any resemblance. For example "A guy with a brown ponytail is Gideon?"
Despite the official sounding name, Marvel Wikia is a fan site with no authority, and has an increasingly bad habit of passing off utter conjecture or downright wrong information as hard fact.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Yeah, that's what I thought, but good to hear it from somebody else. Thanks Loki.

Any ideas how we could get information on the unknown characters?
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by loki »

Frans wrote:Yeah, that's what I thought, but good to hear it from somebody else. Thanks Loki.

If you can post some images, we might be able to work on identifying them. Depending on who wrote or drew it, we might also be able to check via contacts at Marvel as to who was intended to be in the story.
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

loki wrote:
Frans wrote:Yeah, that's what I thought, but good to hear it from somebody else. Thanks Loki.

If you can post some images, we might be able to work on identifying them. Depending on who wrote or drew it, we might also be able to check via contacts at Marvel as to who was intended to be in the story.
Greg Pak and Mike McKone
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Thanks Midnighter and here are the pictures (4 characters I cannot place).

The first att is probably Psylocke, Blindfold or Elektra or someone else. The guy she's fighting I've got no clue.
The second att is Avalanche? That's what I found on the internet, but nothing official though.
The third att could be anyone. The costume looks a lot like Bishop's first appearance in UXM 281, but it even good could be Gideon, as stated somewhere on the net.

There's also a group shot, but that's even more unclear then these 3? I will upload this in the next post.
PsylockeBlindfold kopie 2.jpg
PsylockeBlindfold kopie 2.jpg (204.57 KiB) Viewed 7333 times
Avalanche.jpg
Avalanche.jpg (168.89 KiB) Viewed 7333 times
Gideon kopie.jpg
Gideon kopie.jpg (46.52 KiB) Viewed 7333 times
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

VariousX-Men kopie.jpg
VariousX-Men kopie.jpg (131.17 KiB) Viewed 7333 times