Vengeance Morbius Spiderman 1994

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

lettsmonster
Big Bad
Big Bad

Vengeance Morbius Spiderman 1994

Post by lettsmonster »

In DRSTR3 66, both Morbius and Vengeance make an appearance. A chronological problem arises when we compare Spiderman's appearances with these two characters around the same time period. In Spiderman chronology, Vengeance and Spidey are together in GR 48. Morbius and Spidey are together in MORBIUS 21-23, which occurs later than the Vengeance appearance. In Morbius chronology however, the Spidey/Morbius teamup is before DRSTR3 66. In Vengeance chronology, the Spidey/Vengeance teamup is after DRSTR3 66. This cannot work when correlating all three characters revolving around DRSTR3 66.
ChronOCD
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Re: Vengeance Morbius Spiderman 1994

Post by ChronOCD »

Yeah they have the same problem with Spidey, Wolverine and Ghost Rider when they Joined up for the New Fantastic Four. Ghost Rider meets Wolverine and Spidey for the first time in Marvel Comics Presents and Spider-Man respectively. The chronology has it mixed up so they join the NFF before first meeting in the other stories. I've pointed this out once or twice here, but it seems like nobody has a reason for it or motivation to even discuss it...
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

ChronoOCD wrote:The chronology has it mixed up so they join the NFF before first meeting in the other stories.
Wait, what? I thought this was fixed a while back. Let me check…

Here's what we currently have for Ghost Rider (Ketch), Spider-Man & Wolverine in this area:

GHOST RIDER XXXIII/DANIEL KETCH

GR3 6
S-M 6 (Ghost Rider & Spider-Man meet)
S-M 7
GR3 7
GR3 8
GR3 9
M/CP 64 (Ghost Rider & Wolverine meet)
M/CP 65
M/CP 66
M/CP 67
M/CP 68
M/CP 69
M/CP 70
M/CP 71
FF 347 (Ghost Rider, Spider-Man & Wolverine join new FF)
FF 348
FF 349
T 429

SPIDER-MAN/PETER BENJAMIN PARKER

M/SH3 4
S-M 6 (Ghost Rider & Spider-Man meet)
S-M 7
FF 348
FF 349
WOSM 71

WOLVERINE/"LOGAN"/JAMES HOWLETT

XCAL 41-BTS
M/CP 64 (Ghost Rider & Wolverine meet)
M/CP 65
M/CP 66
M/CP 67
M/CP 68
M/CP 69
M/CP 70
M/CP 71
FF 348
FF 349
[SM&FF2 3]
W2 35

It looks like you brought this up in March, 2012 and it was adjusted in May, 2012. Keep in mind, the search is not updated NEARLY as often as the main site.
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

As for the Morbius issue, I don't have the Morbius comics or Dr. Strange #66. What happens in the Morbius issues? Is there a gap of time in Dr. Strange #66 that could accommodate the apparent discrepancy?
-Daron Jensen
ChronOCD
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Post by ChronOCD »

Col_Fury wrote:
ChronoOCD wrote:The chronology has it mixed up so they join the NFF before first meeting in the other stories.
Wait, what? I thought this was fixed a while back.
Oh wow. Nice! Open mouth insert foot. Thanks for pointing that out!!
ChronOCD
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

Post by ChronOCD »

Col_Fury wrote:As for the Morbius issue, I don't have the Morbius comics or Dr. Strange #66. What happens in the Morbius issues? Is there a gap of time in Dr. Strange #66 that could accommodate the apparent discrepancy?
Spider-Man goes after Morbius who is tracking down a killer through the Morbius issues. Spidey notes that dealing with Morbius is a little too much after just finding out his parents aren't his real parents.

In Dr. Strange #66, Morbius, Vengeance and Blade join up to go find Strange and figure out what is wrong with him. There aren't any breaks in time with this issue.