Hag of the Pits in AACAD 36

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

lkseitz
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Hag of the Pits in AACAD 36

Post by lkseitz »

I misplaced my copy of Avengers Academy #36 for several weeks in between buying it and reading it. Now that it's been found and read, I have a question. In the story, White Tiger IV meets the tiger spirit that empowers the White Tiger amulets and Reptil meets the Hag of the Pits, who created his gem. But for chronological purposes, does it really count as an appearance of the Hag? She's not physically present, it's all in Reptil's mind. Or so I would presume. (I guess you could make a case that the amulet psychically connected Reptil and the Hag so they could communicate, but let's put that aside for now.) Assuming it's not actually her but rather some sort of psychic/magic impression she left on the gem, that doesn't count as an appearance, does it? OTOH, I can see a strong case for considering it a BTS appearance. Surely a situation like this has come up before, so how was it treated?
Lee K. Seitz
Slowly adding insignificant characters to the MCP
lkseitz
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Hag of the Pits submission

Post by lkseitz »

With my question about the Hag of the Pits from Devil Dinosaur (see "Hag of the Pits in AACAD 36"), I realized that she's missing from the MCP, but qualifies because she appeared in two different series. So I humbly submit the following:

Hag of the Pits
DDINO 9
GZILL 22

If she has further potential appearances because of her relationship to Reptil (besides potentially AACAD 36), I'm unaware of them.
Lee K. Seitz
Slowly adding insignificant characters to the MCP
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Hag of the Pits submission

Post by Midnighter »

lkseitz wrote:With my question about the Hag of the Pits from Devil Dinosaur (see "Hag of the Pits in AACAD 36"), I realized that she's missing from the MCP, but qualifies because she appeared in two different series. So I humbly submit the following:

Hag of the Pits
DDINO 9
GZILL 22

If she has further potential appearances because of her relationship to Reptil (besides potentially AACAD 36), I'm unaware of them.
She also appears in AACAD 28, along with Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy, during an extra-dimensional and/or time travel of Academy students with the Runaways.