Doom in Dark Avengers #176

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Doom in Dark Avengers #176

Post by Frans »

Hi, I'm not extremely up-to-date with Victor von Doom's appearances.

I've just read Dark Avengers #176 and #177, where the Thunderbolts rescue Victor von Doom in the pleistoceen. He was fighting Megalodonts (big sharks). There was a foot note that he was sent there in Fantastic Four #567, which I haven't read.

I think the chronological order of appearances of Dr Doom is quite problematic. Does anyone know how this relates to all his other appearances between FF #567 and DA #176? Or is this a Doombot?
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Doom in Dark Avengers #176

Post by Leoparis »

In FF 567 Doom is sent to die in the pleistocen by the Marquis of death. Later issues imply Doom survived to the present day to become the new disciple of the Marquis (unbeknownst to him). This issue of Thunderbolts establishes that Doom arrived back in the present day by conventional time travel.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Thanks Leoparis. So the later issues of FF that imply that Doom survived till the present are retconned by these issues of Dark Avengers?
ShadZ
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by ShadZ »

Frans wrote:Thanks Leoparis. So the later issues of FF that imply that Doom survived till the present are retconned by these issues of Dark Avengers?
Can an implication be retconned? It's not like an implication is a proven fact. I'd just say later contradicting something that was just implied is not a retcon at all, it's just storytelling.
ShadZ
Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Leoparis »

I agree with Shadz