URGENT: Have we ever seen these characters again?

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

URGENT: Have we ever seen these characters again?

Post by JephYork »

I'm doing some last-last-last-minute work on the Wolverine Index GN (it goes to the printer on Monday!!) -- and I don't have "next appearance" listings for the following characters. Can anyone help me figure out where, or if, they've shown up since their appearance in various Wolverine issues?

Thanks!

WOLVERINE: WENDIGO! - March 2010

Wendigo (Luc LeMay) - specifically this Wendigo, not any others.
Wendigo spirit - an actual on-panel appearance of the Wendigo spirit, floating through the air or something - NOT just a standard Wendigo appearance
Gordon Allsworth (TV host)
Jimmy (Allsworth’s cameraman) - these two guys are Frank Tieri's characters; they're likely to show up in his other work.

WOLVERINE #900, 2ND STORY - July 2010

Run Run (young Chinatown street hustler) - note, this is NOT the same kid from Wolverine #17-19 - that's Yuen Yee.

WOLVERINE V4 #6 - April 2011

Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch)

WOLVERINE V4 #12 - September 2011

Jason Aaron's version of the Devil
(I know that Marduk Kurios shows up in JIM #627 looking like this Devil - but that could just be Marduk impersonating him. Have we seen this version of the Devil showing up anywhere *besides* JIM #627?)

WOLVERINE V4 #17 - December 2011

Sons of the Tiger (Abe Brown, Bob Diamond, Lin Sun)
Melita Garner’s cat

WOLVERINE V4 #19 - January 2012

Darkstrider
Razor-Fist
Rock of the Buddha
Master Po (Wolverine's sensei)
Yuen Yee (young Chinatown street hustler)
Jade Claw’s henchmen

WOLVERINE V4 #20 - February 2012

Buzzard Brothers (Boyd & Bufford)

WOLVERINE V2 #300 - March 2012

Mariko Yashida - either her soul or her corpse
Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) - either his soul or his corpse

WOLVERINE V2 #303 - May 2012

Hand ninjas - note that I'm specifically looking for the *Tokyo* branch.

WOLVERINE V2 #304 - June 2012

Maverick
Bloodscream
Jade Claw
Soulstriker
Roughouse
Wild Child

Bessy (Kade Kilgore's chauffeur) - I've got her her bts appearance; I'm looking for her next *on-panel* appearance.
Thomas Logan - either soul or corpse
Mongrels (Cannonfoot, Fire Knives, Gunhawk, Saw Fist, Shadow Stalker) - either souls or corpses

Strikeforce X members - note that they became Kade Kilgore's bodyguards here. If we've ever seen him with generic bodyguards, those might be the Strikeforce X guys.

Thanks very much, everyone! We're on a very definite clock for this, so any help THIS WEEKEND would be greatly appreciated!

-Jeph!
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: URGENT: Have we ever seen these characters again?

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Jeph, does Razorfist appear in W2 304 after W4 19?
Paul B.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Yes -- he and Rock of the Buddha are noted as party guests according to the issue's script. But they're not actually distinguishable on-panel, and I didn't want to derail the discussion by listing them in #304 and then having people "correct" me.

So much for that idea! ;)

-Jeph!
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Hand ninjas - note that I'm specifically looking for the *Tokyo* branch.
Hand Ninja's appear in the Hawkeye series, but those would be the one's working for Fisk.

Assuming the "Toyko" branch is the one that Sabretooth seems to be in charge of. Age of Apocalypse #13, has Nightcrawler (AoA) and Mystique talking with some appearing in the background (this takes place on 616).
Last edited by Jason Doty on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Wolverine: Carni-Brawl Digital Comic (2010) has Bloodscream, but I think it is set in the past. I don't think this story has scene a reprint in print format yet. I'll take a look for ya.

It features Wolverine with his brown costume training Sunspot fighting Bloodscream and some zombie types in Brazil. It shows Cyclops and Professor X is behind the scenes. It probably takes place somewhere around UX 168.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

The problem with placing that story circa Uncanny 168 is that Logan knows who Bloodscream is and that he's a lot older than him. Although Logan briefly encountered Bloodscream during D-Day, he didn't know who Bloodscream was when he met him in W2 4, just that something about his scent was familiar. And he didn't learn Bloodscream's origin until X-Men Unlimited 9. This story has to take place after X-Men Unlimited 9. But Sunspot is referred to as a New Mutant. Maybe it takes place during the recent New Mutants series? If it does, I'm inclined to think that it takes place before Wolverine 304.
ETA: On second thought, at the end, Wolverine basically says that this mission has convinced him that Roberto has what it takes to be a superhero. This is extremely odd if it takes place after X-Men Unlimited 9. Maybe it's not supposed to be in continuity?
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

The Index is placing it circa #168. It's just going to have to be one of those uncomfortable continuity hiccups that happen sometimes with "untold stories" like this. If it helps, pretend that Wolverine's brain got traumatized in the interim and healed over his memories of this adventure. ;)

Thanks for the Hand ninja heads-up. Yes, if they're allied with Kingpin they're New York, and if they're allied with Sabretooth they're Tokyo. Good eye!

Any others?

-Jeph!
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

I just thought about this, but I think some Hand Ninja's are shown in Avengers (2013) #4. If this takes place in Japan it might be the "Tokyo" faction.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Would you mind checking and confirming that (a) they're Hand, and (b) the scene occurs in Japan?

Also: I've heard that the Strikeforce X members help Kade Kilgore break out of jail in W&X #16. Can anyone confirm or deny?

-Jeph!
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

In Avengers no.4, it looks like 7 of the Hand referred to as a "Full Fist" broke a SHIELD containment barrier 12 hrs prior in Kobe, Japan. So if this is the "Toyko" faction, 7 members appear in silhouette in Avengers (2013) #4-FB .

I'll also look into your Wolverine and the X-Men question.
Last edited by Jason Doty on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

JephYork wrote:Also: I've heard that the Strikeforce X members help Kade Kilgore break out of jail in W&X #16. Can anyone confirm or deny?
-Jeph!
Just had a look.

Kade Kilgore and friends break out of jail. Next to a helicopter, a bald man in a suit waits and says "Ready whenever you are Mr Kilgore sir". Other prisoners shout at Kilgore that he owes them money. Then Kilgore says "These gentlemen believe they are owed something Mr Pierce, Mr Sever...pay them for me, won't you. Both Misters adress with a "Yes, sir". The next panel the two bald men (one white, one black) with sunglasses, each pop three claws from one of their hands. The claws look like the same of Strikeforce X, only they have an orange-red of color. Then they begin stabbing the other prisoners.

When flipping through Wolverine #304, I'm convinced that this is an actual appearance of Strikeforce X. There Kade Kilgore let's three of them fight, because he had only place for two of them. Only difference is the color of their claws, it's not green, but I think it's down to artist impression?
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

After just looking, I also confirm Frans synopsis of events.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

Sounds like Strikeforce X to me! And geez, they even get NAMES -- I'm glad this got noticed. Thanks, guys!

-Jeph!
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

Wendigo (Luc LeMay) - specifically this Wendigo, not any others.
Wendigo spirit - an actual on-panel appearance of the Wendigo spirit, floating through the air or something - NOT just a standard Wendigo appearance
I know your not looking for a standard Wendigo appearance, but I wouldn't be able to know which Wendigo, this is. But a Wendigo appears with the Hellfire Academy at the end of Wolverine and the X-Men #20 or it appears to be.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

There's one easy way to tell if the Wendigo in question is Luc LeMay. Wolverine chops Luc's arm off at the end of "Wolverine: Wendigo!"

So if the Wendigo has two arms, it ain't Luc. ;)

-Jeph!