Spider-Island discrepancies

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Spider-Island discrepancies

Post by Frans »

I've read the Spider-Island Saga two times now. Started to graft a character chronology of it. But...I've found one and more discrepancies, which seem odd or not possible at all.
Let's start with the minor ones :D Most of the inconsistencies revolve around the Bryant Park Battle.

Invisible Woman leaves with the FF-kids in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #666, the prelude to Spider-Island. The whole crossover she's not seen at all. But, in SPIDER-ISLAND: AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #2 in the Aftermath of the Bryant Park Battle, a woman is seen with blond hair in white spandex; and it's not Dagger, because she stands with Cloak in the same panel. Who is this woman? Maybe Sharon Carter? Or can we say it's Invisible Woman who came back for the Aftermath of the Battle... I don't think this bites any other appearances of Invisible Woman.

The X-Men stayed in New York after their battle with the Lizard, as seen in X-MEN v3 #7-10. The X-Men from that story arc (To Serve and Protect) are Wolverine, Emma Frost, Gambit and Storm. So far so good, but it seems that Cyclops pops op in the background of the aftermath of Bryant Park Battle and the end battle on Union Square. Not prominent, but unmistakably Cyclops, in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #668 and #672. Cyclops should be on Utopia, but I don't think that this will cause the chronology of Cyclops. It's just odd.

In SPIDER-ISLAND: CLOAK & DAGGER #1 during the heat of the Bryant Park Battle Dagger tells Cloak she has to leave. She says it would be no problem as all heroes present can manage. She leaves and attends a college class. Then in SPIDER-ISLAND: AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #2, she stands with Cloak in a scene of the Aftermath of Bryant Park Battle. We can manage around this by thinking she came back to the battle after the college class had finished.

The Biggest Error, which I can't get my head around is this. In SPIDER-ISLAND: DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU #1 Shang-Chi and Madame Web observe the Bryant Park Battle. Shang-Chi enters the battle and fights alongside Iron Fist. Bride of Nine Spiders appears and Iron Fist accompanies her away from the battle. Shang-Chi follows because he thinks something isn't right. He sees Bride of Nine Spiders knocking Iron Fist unconscious and she webs him up. Shang-Chi intervenes, but Bride of Nine Spiders knocks him unconscious. At the start of SPIDER-ISLAND: DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU #2 Silver Sable tells him he slept for 12 hours. In AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #668 the morning after the Bryant Park Battle which seemed to have going on all night, Iron Fist is seen next to Reed Richards and Thing, while I assumed he was in a webbed cocoon of Bride of Nine Spiders? Another aspect is Iron Fist and Shang-Chi battling spider-powered people on Murray Hill on Day 2 in SPIDER-ISLAND: AVENGERS #1.

Has anyone found the same problem or an(other) explanation for this? Much appreciated.
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Spider-Island discrepancies

Post by metaldragon »

Skids is still with SHIELD these days? What's she been wearing lately? Could that be your mystery blond woman who shouldn't be Invisible Woman?
"May the Light shine forever!"
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Frans wrote:
Invisible Woman leaves with the FF-kids in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #666, the prelude to Spider-Island. The whole crossover she's not seen at all. But, in SPIDER-ISLAND: AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #2 in the Aftermath of the Bryant Park Battle, a woman is seen with blond hair in white spandex; and it's not Dagger, because she stands with Cloak in the same panel. Who is this woman? Maybe Sharon Carter? Or can we say it's Invisible Woman who came back for the Aftermath of the Battle... I don't think this bites any other appearances of Invisible Woman.
Sue is shown fighting Spidey-garbed criminals with Iron Man, Wolverine, and Thing in SPIDER-ISLAND: DEADLY FOES #1, so it was established that Sue must have returned from New Atlantis after leaving the Future Foundation kids there.

Frans wrote:
The Biggest Error, which I can't get my head around is this. In SPIDER-ISLAND: DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU #1 Shang-Chi and Madame Web observe the Bryant Park Battle. Shang-Chi enters the battle and fights alongside Iron Fist. Bride of Nine Spiders appears and Iron Fist accompanies her away from the battle. Shang-Chi follows because he thinks something isn't right. He sees Bride of Nine Spiders knocking Iron Fist unconscious and she webs him up. Shang-Chi intervenes, but Bride of Nine Spiders knocks him unconscious. At the start of SPIDER-ISLAND: DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU #2 Silver Sable tells him he slept for 12 hours. In AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #668 the morning after the Bryant Park Battle which seemed to have going on all night, Iron Fist is seen next to Reed Richards and Thing, while I assumed he was in a webbed cocoon of Bride of Nine Spiders? Another aspect is Iron Fist and Shang-Chi battling spider-powered people on Murray Hill on Day 2 in SPIDER-ISLAND: AVENGERS #1.
I can't make sense of this sequence of events either.
Paul B.
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

Paul Bourcier wrote:Frans wrote:
Sue is shown fighting Spidey-garbed criminals with Iron Man, Wolverine, and Thing in SPIDER-ISLAND: DEADLY FOES #1, so it was established that Sue must have returned from New Atlantis after leaving the Future Foundation kids there.
I thought this was Dagger. It's a rather sketchy image. Cloak is there, but he's also in other places without Dagger. Were was it established that this is Sue?

IMO, it could be any blonde female superhero with a white tight costume. Sue or Dagger or even Sharon Carter.