Hulk UK

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

PunyBanner
Hero
Hero

Hulk UK

Post by PunyBanner »

Marvel released the TPB Hulk: From the Marvel UK Vaults and it reprints Smash! 38, Marvel Storybook Annual 1968, Hulk Comic 1-6, 9-20, and 26-28, Incredible Hulk Annual: Authorised Edition 1980, Hulk Annual 1981-1985, and Super Heroes Annual 1991.
Are any of these considered canon?
loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Hulk UK

Post by loki »

The Smash! story and Hulk Comic stories are. One of the Annuals isn't (can't recall which off the top of my head) as it includes Jack McGee from the Hulk TV show. The other annual stories could conceivably be, but I don't think any ruling has been made regarding them either way.
intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by intp »

Excellent! I am happy that the Smash story is considered canon. The Hulk is correctly written in his 'surly brawler' mode there, and this means that he actually swam across the Atlantic Ocean on his own power.

I am wondering, are any of the prose "Hulk Comic" stories considered canon? If not, I won't even bother reading them. I did see some references here and there to "David" Banner, apparently a mistaken reference to the TV series, and presumably those stories aren't.
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Post by JephYork »

If I say they're canon, will you read them? Loki and I worked on that book, and we spent a lot of time and energy putting it all together. (A lot of it is scans from our personal collections.) It's sad to think that someone's going to skip reading half of it just because it might not be "canon".

-Jeph!
intp
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by intp »

Jeph, you guys did a great job on the book, and I'm pleased to have it, but I seldom read pure prose comic stories in general (I do read plenty of regular prose works, just don't like mixing them with my comics). Have the prose stories been analyzed yet to see how they might fit in with Hulk's chronology?