MAGUS II vs. MAGUS III

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

MAGUS II vs. MAGUS III

Post by Frans »

Elaborating and researching a bit further on the topic of NM 21, I found two entries in the database for AFAIK the same character. It involves Magus. In XFOR3 Selene revives the old Magus and uses him as basis to awaken a lot of X-Men baddies. In the MCP these entities are handled differently. In my opinion these two should be merged. MAGUS III should be deleted and MAGUS II should have the XFOR3 entries added.

Does anyone see a reason why not?
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: MAGUS II vs. MAGUS III

Post by Somebody »

Wasn't that from a sloughed-off bit of Magus (possibly from the fight in WLOCK4, where lots went flying before he retreated to space, including a giant arm) rather than the actual character?
Frans
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frans »

I can't remember WLOCK4 anymore, but in XFOR3 #2 Bastion tells that "he became aware of a creature with the ability to infect and absorb organic matter" and "the creature was reverted t a nascent form, and left on the bottom of the ocean. Left there by the X-Men. It stayed there for a very long time, growing, evolving, replicating" Then he says "Magus".

Not sure how Magus was left on the bottom of the ocean by the X-Men. In NM50 Magus was reverted to child form, but this was on a different world. This was in an ocean though.
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Well, in WLOCK4, the Magus is back to normal. Moreover, he actually infects Warlock with the de-evolution virus they used on him - the Doug brain patterns Warlock still had then let him function for long enough to still fight him, and Hope (II) infects the Magus with Warlock's T-O version (while infusing Warlock with the Magus' cure), causing him to have split personality issues, rip part of himself away and flee back into space.